pet insurance or wellness package

Baer Rios

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for frenchies. Pet insurance for accidents , or pet insurance for wellness? Also which companies would yall recommend?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Nationwide’s whole pet with wellness plan. Jax has IVDD and has now had 3 MRI’s and 3 surgeries. They’ve reimbursed 90% after hitting the $250 deductible. They’ve also been paying 90% of his treatment (acupuncture, laser therapy). No insurance company will cover pre-existing conditions so it’s best to get insurance as soon as possible before anything gets diagnosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We opted to just have a credit card used solely for pet issues/bills

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Hello citty, have you ever had any issues with Nationwide reimbursements? They seem to have lots of negative reviews. Still debating on which insurance to go with. Nationwide seems to be different than most pet insurance. Nation wide is pretty fairly priced for what they cover

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello citty, have you ever had any issues with Nationwide reimbursements? They seem to have lots of negative reviews. Still debating on which insurance to go with. Nationwide seems to be different than most pet insurance. Nation wide is pretty fairly priced for what they cover

I have seen multiple negative reviews and I honestly don’t know why. I started with them when they were VPI and I have never had issues. They even do reimbursements now electronically if you opt in so you don’t have to wait for a check. I just got reimbursed for all of the claims relating to these last two surgeries. I even got reimbursed for the vet’s charge for her home visits to come to my house to do acupuncture after surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okgrau8

Reaction score
We've had great success with Nationwide as well, Whole Pet with Wellness, they've covered 90% of all our claims, including flea and heartworm medications. We will see if they cover our nares and soft palate surgery (fingers crossed)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
To give more context, I have over $22,000 in costs relating to Jax's IVDD (3 surgeries, 3 MRI's, hospital stays, medications, acupuncture, laser therapy, etc.) and I have been reimbursed 90% excluding the $250 deductible. So for me, I am very thankful I have insurance as I do not have that kind of extra money laying around.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
thanks for your positive review of nationwide. $ 49 for accident and wellness coverage is great

Baer Rios

Reaction score
All this extra detail is much appreciated. I think I will give them a try. They really did save you a ton of money. Thats awesome.