Reverse Sneezing

Carlsmom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My problem child, Carlton, has began what sounds to me, as reverse sneezing - I tried to attach videos but they wouldn't work for some reason. This is new for Carl and began about a week ago. Previously these episodes would resolve rather quickly, however last night he had a rather long episode which lasted about 5-7 minutes. I tried soothing him, rubbing his throat, etc.. the only thing that provided any relief is having him lap back some water.

He is completely normal and happy otherwise, but appears to be quite traumatized during and after his episodes. FYI he has had his nares and palette done. Only new thing is that he now eats kibble and freeze dried patties - I have not been adding water as he is already a big water drinker. Could the "dryness" be irritating his throat?

I'm sure it sounds worse than it is, it just freaks me out..

Thoughts? Thanks all :):)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Video needs to be on Youtube and then post link here.

Reverse sneezing is harmless, but you can stop it by covering both nostrils to force them to breathe through mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
The first time Jax had reverse sneezing I thought he was dying cause I didn’t know what it was. But now whenever it happens I do what Christine says and cover his nostrils and then it stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
You are spot on--it sounds way worse than it is! It is very frightening to hear the first time!