safe and healthy chew toys for Frenchies. Recommendations!!

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
just looking for recommendations for good chew toys for my frenchie. Also, any ones that I should stay away from such as rawhides, antlers etc? I noticed that fatty animal parts make my frenchie vomit sometimes.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely stay away from rawhide. I like Kong, Nylabones, buffalo horns and frozen raw marrow bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
My dog likes to chew on the smaller hard lacrosse balls and Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Sol ball. She destroys the softer dog toys.

TJagena

Reaction score
We give ours a deer antler, Nylabone, and his favorite is smartbones peanut butter stix. The peanut butter stix don't last real long, but he loves them and they don't make him sick.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Gus loves Himalayan Yak Chews. I buy this specific brand in an XL - it doesn't break into smaller pieces, like some of the other brands that I have tried in the past.

He also likes all the different flavored Benebones. I replace them pretty regularly, though, because I don't want him ingesting the tiny bits of plastic that he can manage to get off when the bones get too rough.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Wally loves bully sticks but he's a gulper so I buy the large ones. He also loves Himalayan Chews and again I get the largest to prevent any choking. I bought him a benebone but he didn't go nuts with it and only chews on it every now and then.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We like nylabones, kongs for extreme chewers, and jolly teaser balls. These dogs are extreme chewers and need toys that will hold up.

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Bully sticks, purchased at Costco to bring down the cost.

Closely monitor Loki with these; cutting off ends as needed.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
What is the issue with the Rawhides? Kongs and Nylabones are great.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
What is the issue with the Rawhides? Kongs and Nylabones are great.

Rawhides aren't "raw" at all. They are heavily processed, bleached (cleaned), and basted with flavoring containing chemicals. They are also a choking hazard (especially when it gets down to that slimy consistency) and can cause a blockage in the dog's esophagus or intestines, etc...

A friend's dog needed emergency surgery years ago :-(

Baer Rios

Reaction score
ahhh ok. this is all new to me. Thanks for sharing. What do you think about deer antlers? i read they can damage dogs teeth to the point where they would need dental surgery for a broken canine. I also read dogs really love em

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I've never used deer antlers myself. Maybe someone else has feedback for you. I stick with raw marrow bones as a treat once or twice per month.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
ahhh ok. this is all new to me. Thanks for sharing. What do you think about deer antlers? i read they can damage dogs teeth to the point where they would need dental surgery for a broken canine. I also read dogs really love em

I use frozen raw marrow bones and moose paddles (like deer antler but softer).... I have deer antlers, but the pups don't have much interest in those as they do the moose paddle. I get them form Acadia Antlers

Tgirl

Reaction score
I give Twiggy large Himalayan chews, and nylabones. She isn't much of a chewer, but every now and then she will chew one for a few minutes.