Unwell

Ronniesmum

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here,,so my 2 year old boy is usually in good Health,He's never been a very greedy dog and can sometimes skip a meal but will always eat,So maybe around 2 weeks ago I notices his little eyes were a bit red and runny I sorted his eyes but the past week or so I've noticed he's not eating hardly at all .He looks a bit swollen around his cheeks and seems like he's having a hard time chewing almost like his jaw is closed and when he's eating small amounts he's raising his head to help get it down.I took him to the vet yesterday as he seemed like he was struggling a bit and when he got in the car he was sick like froth,he's been back today and been prescribed antibiotics and some paracetamol as he had a slight temperature I'm really concerned as the vet is a bit unsure what is wrong and mentioned sedation to investigate better but obviously that comes with serious risks and I don't want to lose him. He seems much more settled at the minute but I'm still concerned about his eating as he looks like he's lost weight(he has always been quite a chunky little dog) he is drinking and I've bought some wet food instead of his usual kibble as he was struggling and he can lick the wet food.Has anyone experienced anything similar I'm so worried
Thanks

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume the vet checked inside his mouth for any issues?

Ronniesmum

Reaction score
Hi the vet tried to open his mouth but he was getting very anxious and been sick so she couldn't look properly they have given antibiotics but now said it may be an auto immune problem and need steroids

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would also think something in jaw or mouth since his face is swollen… maybe a second opinion from a different vet?