Urination/dribbling

Genebean

Reaction score
Good morning all,
We have a seven month old, Buddy, who is a joy. He can hold his urine during the night and most of the day. The only real issue is after dinner between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. If we don't take him out almost every hour, he will dribble. Just a bit here or there, nothing major. Of course we take him out right away and he does his business. He still doesn't tell use or run to the door when he has to go out, but we continue to work on going to the door and giving him some praise when he goes to the door.

He has been neutered and we understand that this could be a problem, but he never has an accident in his crate, never at night, sleeps through the night and rarely during the day, only at night, before bed time.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way, while I am typing this Buddy, is sitting in my lap and wants to type a few words too. Ha.

Gene

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Good morning all,
We have a seven month old, Buddy, who is a joy. He can hold his urine during the night and most of the day. The only real issue is after dinner between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. If we don't take him out almost every hour, he will dribble. Just a bit here or there, nothing major. Of course we take him out right away and he does his business. He still doesn't tell use or run to the door when he has to go out, but we continue to work on going to the door and giving him some praise when he goes to the door.

He has been neutered and we understand that this could be a problem, but he never has an accident in his crate, never at night, sleeps through the night and rarely during the day, only at night, before bed time.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way, while I am typing this Buddy, is sitting in my lap and wants to type a few words too. Ha.

Gene

Buddy sounds really adorable in this post and your other one. I don't have any clue as to why he'd be dribbling pee at just that time of day. My best guess is maybe he is drinking a lot of water between 5-9? When I first brought Daphne home she was about 12/13 months old and we had to revisit potty training because she was peeing everywhere. Through a strict routine (we go out at the same time every day so she knows what to expect) and a diet change and no more water after 7:30 pm, we've overcome her potty issues (knock on wood). I also have treats she really likes, that I give her every single time she goes pee and poop outside. It sounds like Buddy is potty trained though, for the most part. Maybe someone here can offer additional insight...???

Good luck! Would love to see a pic of Buddy, if you are able to share one.

Hattie

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if it is just excitement since you are with him?

I’d do a strict potty schedule every hour to 90 mins and work ip to two hours.... our guy took two full years yo train and at 7, he still does not indicate when he needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genebean

Reaction score
Thanks. It sounds like we are just expecting more at an early age. I like your ideas. Thanks a ton. I'll try to post a picture, If I can figure it out, of Buddy. He gets all kinds of love when we go for a walk, form just about everyone. Of course he loves all people, for the most part, and wants to play with every dog. Thankfully most people with "not that friendly" of a dog, will let us know.