Watching TV and lights....

Reaction score
Hello- So my little Frenchie is about 16 months old and has some different behavioral habits as of late!! Let me begin by saying most of these actions began around the one year mark, and also about the time his "sister" passed away. I am not sure if these are related or not, I would think so though.

He has started watching TV a lot, and that would be ok, but he jumps and barks at it to the point we have to pause it to get his attention to stop. There are certain things on TV (like basketball games or UFC fights) that really drive him crazy and we aren't able to really watch anymore. He also hates any animal he sees on tv. He also chases shadows or moving lights if he sees them. we use to sleep with tv on in our bedroom and our a year he never minded when the other dog was alive, but after that and now that he watches and barks at the tv constantly, we have to have the bedroom with absolutely no lights or TV for him to go to sleep.

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this, or might have some ideas to help with his behavior. I don't want it to continue or to get worse. If he would just sit and watch tv it might be ok, but I don't want him to get hurt jumping up at it. Any advice?!? Thanks!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
it sounds like he is off-balance.... was you female 'alpha'-- basically his leader? if yes, he is unsure what to do and looking for leadership or may need a new companion.

Our Cheli went into a depression after our dominate female past away... he started sleeping all the time and then when we took him places he would try to attack other animals... we realized Banks was his lead and her followed her behavior queues. We went back to basics with him ( Nothing in life is free training technique) and then two months after we got him a new playmate.

TampaSVT

Reaction score
Ozzy barks at Vietnamese YouTube soap operas. And, Ricky Martin songs... Is mesmerized by Star Trek reruns, though...

I guess he's much like me... :)