FAQ: How did you socialize your puppy?

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
FAQ: How did you socialize your puppy? Where did you go and when did you start socializing?

#FAQ

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
At 16 weeks, we did puppy training classes and indoor dog park for puppies. We attended at a local training center

nikki86

Reaction score
We took zeta to the petsmart, petco and after all of her shots she started going to the dog park 3-4 times a week

FrenchieDante

Reaction score
Puppy socialization classes at 12 weeks. A good training facility will make sure all puppies afr up to date on vaccines before they are allowed to attend. This way you can get them socialized before you finish the combo-vaccine round. Also, brought him around my friends and family's healthy adult dogs. I also had people over all the time.... Make sure he meets as many people as possible!!! Car rides to hear unfamiliar noises. Once his vaccines were finished... Dog park, pet store & outdoor dining! But not until his final vaccine!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax was a social butterfly the moment he came home with us! But we did puppy classes at Petsmart, although there was only 1 other dog in the class with him. And he started going to doggie daycare when he was fairly young. I have never had any social issues with him.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Stella went to puppy playtime at PetCo. and was very shy the 5 or 6 times she went. Jake went just about everywhere he was allowed with us, outdoor mall, outdoor dining, dog supply stores, the beach, state park, etc. He loves other friendly dogs. He gets a little jacked up if they are aggressive, but we are working on making him ignore this type of behavior. He also loves to play with my daughters am. bulldog when she comes to visit.

Canta

Reaction score
Picked up Niea when she was 12 weeks old. The very next day after getting her she started her adventure of being an office dog. She hung out with me and all of my co-workers till she was 7 months old. She had a wonderful time getting to meet a vast amount of people and a few other dogs. When she was 4 months I enrolled her into a puppy basics class and she hung out with a dozen other puppies. In the end she loves everyone and everything.

Nothing really bothers her and she can put up with kids just fine. She doesn't bark or become aggressive towards other dogs/humans. She typically just sits down and watches them as they go about their thing. IF they come over to say hello it's play time after a quick sniffing session.

hannah

Reaction score
Dog park, meeting friends, walks, play time with other dogs friends, car rides, bringing him over to other peoples homes, basically bringing him everywhere with me, day care, and we are starting obedience training soon and he is 6 months

JuniorsMom

Reaction score
We asked a trainer to bring by his very well-behaved adult Schnauzer when our puppy Junior was about 10 weeks. That introduction went fine, although Junior was timid at first.

We also did a puppy class once a week at our local Petsmart store. He met six other dogs that way, plus random dogs every time we were in the store. That class started around 3 months. At four months, he went to dog daycare for his first half-day. Also at four months, his first trip to the off-leash park (with him on a long leash). So far, so good. Junior is pushy with other dogs, to the point where the adult dogs sometimes growl at him to get him to knock it off. But other than that typical Frenchie thing, he's very sociable.

Junior also meets a lot of people on his daily walks. We need to work on the jumping up, but he's friendly and doesn't chew kids' fingers or anything. I think it's also important that they hear traffic noise and sirens, see bicycles, skateboards, etc. Nothing seems to scare him.
Lisa

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts