Probiotics -- options

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are looking to add probiotics or need to understand amounts, here is a list to help you choose and get started:

1) Commercial supplements:
  • Herbsmith Microflora Plus
  • Proviable DC
  • Probiotic Miracle

2) Sauerkraut -- Sauerkraut can be added to your dog’s diet gradually until you reach 1 to 3 teaspoons for every 20 pounds of body weight daily. Top 3 Non-Dairy Probiotics For Your Dog

3) Milk kefir or Water Kefir - ( start with half these amounts ) So Long Yeast, Hello Kefir! - Dogs Naturally Magazine

• Small size dogs or cats – 1 tsp. – 1 tbsp.
  • Medium size dogs – 1 – 2 tbsp.
  • Large dogs – 2 – 3 tbsp.

4) Goats Milk - Goat Milk For Dogs - Dogs Naturally Magazine
Pet Wt: Serving:
< 20 lb. 2 oz.
20-40 lb. 4 oz.
40-60 lb. 6 oz.
60-80 lb. 8 oz.
80 lb. > 10 oz​

4) Plain yoghurt - least amount of probiotics , however, pick a fat free no added sugar , fat substitutes or sugar substitutes live probiotic yoghurt- about a tablespoonful a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max

Reaction score
Hello, good morning, I need help with this probiotics that I bought for my baby on the recommendation of the vet. My puppy always has dyed diarrhea problems, he shakes his head a lot and is. I licked the legs, it's been 3 months since his food was changed now he only eats salmon pienso accompanied by a few tablespoons of pumpkin and he really does very well he does the poop very very well. But he has never removed the shaking of his head and licking his legs. My doubt is if anyone has used this probiotic and if it has worked a lot. Thank you all kisses to your ba

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello, good morning, I need help with this probiotics that I bought for my baby on the recommendation of the vet. My puppy always has dyed diarrhea problems, he shakes his head a lot and is. I licked the legs, it's been 3 months since his food was changed now he only eats salmon pienso accompanied by a few tablespoons of pumpkin and he really does very well he does the poop very very well. But he has never removed the shaking of his head and licking his legs. My doubt is if anyone has used this probiotic and if it has worked a lot. Thank you all kisses to your ba
Can you switch him to raw diet??

Rotating proteins is also best if you can as they can become allergic to what they eat every day and rotate proteins gives them the most nutrients.

I haven’t used that product before, I use Four Leaf Rover brand Gut Guard or protect.

Another good probiotics company is Adored Beast brand they have Gut Soothe and other probiotics.

I recommend you try bovine colostrum supplement for his allergies, I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand but there is other brands for bovine colostrum.
You want to give that powder by itself in the dish 30 minutes BEFORE breakfast as it’s better absorbed on empty stomach. They just lick the powder out of the dish.

Bovine colostrum is definitely what I recommend for your pup.

Last edited: