8 months male and 6 months female

ronitse

Reaction score
Hello.

I have had the male one (butt butt/Butter) since he was 3.5 months old. He has been so lovely and well-behaved. He learns commands very quick and very submissive to me. So, at the age of 7months, I have already let him go around the house. He knows where to pee and poo. Thereā€™s no accidents at all.

So, we are thinking about getting him a playmate/soulmate to be his companion. (Was looking for a quiet female that was around his age. Hopefully all injections/vaccines are done.) we were lucky enough to find the exact one we wanted.

She is Peanut. Going to be 6 months old soon.

Hereā€™s the tricky part:
They were happy to sleep together. When they play around, Peanut doesnā€™t want to play. She seems ignored Butt Butt. Butt would bark for her attention.
Occasionally she would play with him though.

Whenever I give butt butt toys/bone, Peanut will run towards us and stare at butt butt.... butt is so afraid. He will drop the bone and let her take it.

I donā€™t want her to be the bigger boss than butt because she is a female and a new member in this family. I want to let butt butt gain more confidence...but how??

How do I stop her this behaviour??

They eat in separate bowls with no problem at all.

Itā€™s just that whenever thereā€™s a bone to chew or a toy to play with, she will stare and take it from butt.
When I allow butt to chew, she will keep starring and barks suddenly.

One more thing is that potty training seems difficult for her as she doesnā€™t know what I meant somehow... when I put her in the potty area, she will sit on it and wait for me petting... by the time she pee, itā€™s too late.. :s the potty area is already filled with the smell of her urine ... how could she not know?:/

Please help:ā€(
Very confusing...

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I would cage them separately and give them treats in their cages, or give them treats while they are in separate rooms, so they don't fight over treats.

ronitse

Reaction score
I would cage them separately and give them treats in their cages, or give them treats while they are in separate rooms, so they don't fight over treats.

I did that too. The female would bark and yelped at the male one... she just wants HIS stuff.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
At least she will never attack him to get his treat if they are separated, sometimes bulldogs go crazy over treats.

ronitse

Reaction score
At least she will never attack him to get his treat if they are separated, sometimes bulldogs go crazy over treats.

The sad thing is I separated them. She will stared at him. She wonā€™t take her treat. He fears her eye contact, making him stop from chewing his treat....

Omg:ā€™(

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Sounds like he is just naturally submissive and she is making sure he knows his place. Obviously, you don't want her to abuse him, but it sounds like she is going to be the one in charge of Butt butt. I think you need to respect that, while making sure she doesn't think she's in charge of the entire house.

ronitse

Reaction score
Sounds like he is just naturally submissive and she is making sure he knows his place. Obviously, you don't want her to abuse him, but it sounds like she is going to be the one in charge of Butt butt. I think you need to respect that, white making sure she doesn't think she's in charge of the entire house.

If I allow her to take charge between her and butt butt, will butt butt feel upset about it as she is supposed to be a new member in this family?
That would make them hard to mate cause she doesnā€™t see him as a leader, right?

I really donā€™t want her to abuse him.
I do t want them to feel stressful at all.

:ā€(

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
If I allow her to take charge between her and butt butt, will butt butt feel upset about it as she is supposed to be a new member in this family?
That would make them hard to mate cause she doesnā€™t see him as a leader, right?

I really donā€™t want her to abuse him.
I do t want them to feel stressful at all.

:ā€(

Is he the upset one, or you? Lol
I just don't think you are going to make a naturally submissive dog suddenly dominant.
As far as breeding goes, don't Frenchie breeders use artificial insemination?

ronitse

Reaction score
Is he the upset one, or you? Lol
I just don't think you are going to make a naturally submissive dog suddenly dominant.
As far as breeding goes, don't Frenchie breeders use artificial insemination?

Lol indeed itā€™s me being upset about it.

Today seems better now. The boy is not as afraid of her that much. When I separated them, the girl finally learned to chewing her own stuff instead of staring at him.
Thatā€™s a good start, I suppose :)

I donā€™t think we do artificial insemination in Hong Kong. But thatā€™s a good idea.
However, I think my girl is not suitable to be a mother..:s

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It can take awhile for them to adjust to each other. When I brought a puppy home, it took Jax just over 3 weeks before he would even go near him. He still sometimes wants nothing to do with him and I think thatā€™s just the way it is sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN. It will take time for the pups to adjust to each other.

Some females can be difficult to potty train.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
As others have stated... your female is the 'queen' and your male and her will find that balance. Some of the other behavior is common, but you should be aware and stop any 'overly pushy' behavior from the female. Continue to feed them separately and make sure you ALWAYS monitor when toys and bones are being played with.

Look up 'nothing in life is free' and be sure she knows YOU are the boss.

ronitse

Reaction score
As others have stated... your female is the 'queen' and your male and her will find that balance. Some of the other behavior is common, but you should be aware and stop any 'overly pushy' behavior from the female. Continue to feed them separately and make sure you ALWAYS monitor when toys and bones are being played with.

Look up 'nothing in life is free' and be sure she knows YOU are the boss.

Thanks for your comment.

She has no problem with my command. Itā€™s just that whenever it comes with toys or bone, she will take it from the male one. I do take it back and said no to her and then gave it to the male one.

She sometimes chews hers, but most of the time just want the other one.

Whenever I leave the house, I leave some toys for them too. She takes them as well, but I canā€™t control it cause I need to leave for work...

Should I not give them any toys when I leave the house?? But then again, I am afraid they will be bored or need something to chew with since they are still puppies:/

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment.

She has no problem with my command. Itā€™s just that whenever it comes with toys or bone, she will take it from the male one. I do take it back and said no to her and then gave it to the male one.

She sometimes chews hers, but most of the time just want the other one.

Whenever I leave the house, I leave some toys for them too. She takes them as well, but I canā€™t control it cause I need to leave for work...

Should I not give them any toys when I leave the house?? But then again, I am afraid they will be bored or need something to chew with since they are still puppies:/

Are they crate or in a play area together?

ronitse

Reaction score
Are they crate or in a play area together?

I have left them in a crate. (Not separated cause it will cause the male one barks at the female because he wants to play with her)

They like to sleep with each other.

She is definitely more dominant/confident than the male one.

Should I let her be the alpha/top one in the dog pack??
I want the male one to be the alpha though cause he is in the family first and he is older than her by 2months.

Tgirl

Reaction score
They usually choose who is the dominate. Trying to change that will cause issues sometimes. As long as he knows where he is in the pack, he will be happy.

ronitse

Reaction score
They usually choose who is the dominate. Trying to change that will cause issues sometimes. As long as he knows where he is in the pack, he will be happy.

What should I do now??
Whereā€™s he in the pack?? Does he know he is in a higher rank than the female??
He seems submissive to her as he would drop the bone when she stares at him.

I donā€™t want her to feel like she is the boss though...:s can I actually make her think she can rely on the male??

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I donā€™t think you can pick who is the more dominant one and you canā€™t force the male to be the alpha. I understand youā€™re thinking that the male should be more dominant since he was there first but it sounds like he just may be submissive. Let them be dogs and do what they do. Of course, if things get crazy between them then interfere but I would them be.

Also, I donā€™t leave any toys with my guys when theyā€™re crated and no one is home.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score

I absolutely agree with this. I think once you stop worrying about her being the dominant one over the male, and she's there long enough that they are both comfortable in their roles, that there will be fewer instances of her stealing toys and such. Sounds like she's just trying to assert her dominance as Queen, and it doesn't seem like he's opposed to being the follower. I think that's perfectly fine and not unusual at all.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What should I do now??
Whereā€™s he in the pack?? Does he know he is in a higher rank than the female??
He seems submissive to her as he would drop the bone when she stares at him.

I donā€™t want her to feel like she is the boss though...:s can I actually make her think she can rely on the male??

Agree with the gang... you can not change who is the dominate one, they know it between them and you have to accept it and work that pack as such. as long as they both know YOU are the leader, they will settle in and be happy.