Cowlick/Mohawk/ridge/IDK

Kenzie629

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've been trying forever to find any information on frenchies or any bulldogs having a similar thing as mine! The breeders vet AND my vet have both seemed so nonchalant about it, and it doesn't bother me, it more bothers me that there are no other cases of this.

My frenchie, Sharky, has a cowlick at the base of his head that causes a perfect Mohawk down his neck and between his shoulder blades. My first instinct when I picked him up was, did I just get scammed and he's a mix breed? My vet did not share that concern with me, so I shrugged it off. I've had my boy a month now and I guess I'm just looking to see if there are any others out there with this unique Mohawk awesomeness. I've found cases of it in Labradors, dobermans, mastiffs, but no bulldogs!

Do I have the only weirdo? Or should I be concerned and I don't know it? image.jpg

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Well I have never seen that, but it is pretty cool on him. He is unique. :)

lkclark

Reaction score
I think it's really cute.

A Rhodesian French-Back? lol

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's really cute.

A Rhodesian French-Back? lol

Lol.... That is what i was going to say Frenchie ridgeback!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mhuinker

Reaction score
My Boxer had that! We never thought much about it since she was a rescue and just chalked it up to her individuality!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rdhy2k

Reaction score
Oliver doesn't have a ridge but the hair down the middle of his back is darker and thicker. Almost like a long patch
t
ydutavud.jpg

His brother has it too
ureve7uq.jpg

KimB3384

Reaction score
Our breeder has a couple of dogs with the fauxhawks. Bisou has them on the backs of her front legs, and no amount of combing can make them go away. Just when you think they can't get any darn cuter...

Chopsey

Reaction score
Hi Kenzie629, don't feel alone! My little girl has a ridge on her back too. You can see a very thin dark stripe normally (not easy to see but there), except when she's angry or scared, then it stands up like a Mohawk. Glad I found another person with the same situation

Mavis

Reaction score
He looks like a chinchilla from the back! Adorable. Gorgeous color.

Abbey3107

Reaction score
Hi guys!! I found this thread via google as I was wondering if any other frenchies were like my 14 week old puppy...Check out her Mohawk 😋 I love it!! Glad we aren't the only ones out there! :D:tongue:

Attachments

• IMG_8440.jpg
    IMG_8440.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 461

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Neat!

My Travis has a serious cowlick between his shoulder blades. I call it his 'fur-tornado'.

I can't find a good pic of it. Can you see it here?sun!.jpg

Here's another pic of his swirl
bad dog tag 002.jpg

mmclean

Reaction score
Radar has one too! People were giving me snarky questions asking if he really was pure Frenchie. I'm glad he's not alone. I attached a good picture of his. I really love his mowhawk.
593ecd4bdaa81744f03314470c930671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luzbel9980

Reaction score
Hi, I just found your post cuz I too have a little frenchie with a Mohawk. Baloo is also blue, so maybe there's something in that. A breeder buddy told me it was only a cool trait but nothing to be worried about.

GraciesMom

Reaction score
Like all fashionable beings, Sharky just has a "signature" look. Very cute.