Cowlick/Mohawk/ridge/IDK

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Very nice looking dogs. Both mine have several random and pretty unremarkable little hair ridges or cowlicks and Gus has some great booty swirls. :tongue:

sarahizzett2

Reaction score
My female brindle French Bulldog “Nugget” has this same thing in the same exact location.

KLISTA

Reaction score
DIESELCOW.jpg
I had a guy that breeds frenchies today tell me he's a silverback. If they don't have cowlick they are just a blue.

tbug93

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've been trying forever to find any information on frenchies or any bulldogs having a similar thing as mine! The breeders vet AND my vet have both seemed so nonchalant about it, and it doesn't bother me, it more bothers me that there are no other cases of this.

My frenchie, Sharky, has a cowlick at the base of his head that causes a perfect Mohawk down his neck and between his shoulder blades. My first instinct when I picked him up was, did I just get scammed and he's a mix breed? My vet did not share that concern with me, so I shrugged it off. I've had my boy a month now and I guess I'm just looking to see if there are any others out there with this unique Mohawk awesomeness. I've found cases of it in Labradors, dobermans, mastiffs, but no bulldogs!

Do I have the only weirdo? Or should I be concerned and I don't know it? View attachment 3059

My parents French bulldog has the same ridge back. We thought the same thing. Is she part rhodesian ridgeback or is it just something rare.. it's so neat though!

candy1827

Reaction score
Your Sharky is very cute! My baby girl Lola we rescued recently and were wondering the same thing about her. She's almost 5yrs old and has a very similar cowlick/Mohawk from in btw her ears down to btw her shoulders super cute and unique but was curious about her specific breed genealogy, health, etc. Our vet said she was healthy too. 20200903_205800.jpg

Milo2020

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I've been trying forever to find any information on frenchies or any bulldogs having a similar thing as mine! The breeders vet AND my vet have both seemed so nonchalant about it, and it doesn't bother me, it more bothers me that there are no other cases of this.

My frenchie, Sharky, has a cowlick at the base of his head that causes a perfect Mohawk down his neck and between his shoulder blades. My first instinct when I picked him up was, did I just get scammed and he's a mix breed? My vet did not share that concern with me, so I shrugged it off. I've had my boy a month now and I guess I'm just looking to see if there are any others out there with this unique Mohawk awesomeness. I've found cases of it in Labradors, dobermans, mastiffs, but no bulldogs!

Do I have the only weirdo? Or should I be concerned and I don't know it? View attachment 3059

Hello my Milo has the exact same thing. He’s 12 weeks old A2DA8A49-381B-4661-B9D7-7583612A8F61.jpeg

NichsaTawus1960

Reaction score
I have a female cream, that has the same ..... please do a DNA for coat for fluffy .... mine tested positive for fluffy .... and she has a thicker, longer coat that normal for Frenchies ...... you may have a rare dog

Pablo2021

Reaction score
77B54C16-3850-45D9-A9F6-72B2CD35936C.jpeg77B54C16-3850-45D9-A9F6-72B2CD35936C.jpegMy little pablo has exactly the same as this and i have also been wondering since we got him what it is