Cryptorchidism Neutering?

SacreBleu

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased my little french Bulldog on Christmas last year (3 months old) as a gift for my girlfriend (and myself) from a breeder in Seattle WA. His name is Blue, he is as health as can be and is a very good dog. He is a blue pied color. He is now 1 year old.

I originally had no plans to neuter him, but no plans to breed him either. He is 1 year old now and only one of his testicles has descended fully (cryptorchidism) his other testicle is in his abdomen. My vet has recommended neutering him due to the high chance of developing testicular cancer in the un-descended testicle which I agree with and we have his surgery set up for 3 weeks from now (also doing a rhinoplasty at same time)

Has anyone had this happen to their Frenchie? I am starting to realize now why he might have been the last of his litter to be selected..

I also had the idea of only removing the testicle that has not descended in his abdomen and leaving his one other good fully descedned testicle in tact as to leave him with less to recover from and let him retain some of his manhood. He is a very lean muscular build and do not want his neutering to affect his growth.. does anyone know if this is a possibility? Has anyone done this before? Is this even ethical?

Thanks

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Definitely have him neutered, it will be more expensive since the one hasn't dropped, but better for him in the long run.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would neuter. Since he’s already one, he should be developed and will continue to grow just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I agree with previous comments--neuter. His development will not be hindered.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with the gang..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk