Food suggestion help - transitioning from rx HP food.

Dobby

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My little guy Dobby is almost 4 months old and is currently on the royal canin HP diet after he broke out in hives while on. TOTW pacific stream. I’m thinking he’s allergic to salmon as He was only eating the kibble and salmon treats. About a week after starting the hp diet his hives cleared.

Here is a photo of Dobby and the hives -
29E6B13C-6C9A-41A1-8BEB-C6EE008707A9.jpeg
A9D1FEAE-6DFB-49D5-B679-01594EA2AD17.jpeg

It’s now been 7 weeks since starting him on the hp diet, and I’m starting to think about transitioning him to a limited ingredient kibble soon. After researching this forum and online, I’m currently thinking about trying Natural balance limited ingredient lamb since that was one of the only puppy formulas i saw without chicken or salmon and seeing how he does. Earlier today I was at the local pet store and was told to consider trying Stella and chewys limited ingredient lamb raw coated kibble or even something from signature.

I’m curious what other frenchie owners would suggest I try.

Gka

Reaction score
Hello,
Poor Dobby. When Yuki was young I tried TOTW and he ended up looking just like your Dobby. I have tried a variety of kibble and have settled on the Fromm brand. His hives have been nonexistent ever since. He still has environmental allergies and gets Cytopoint injections but at least the food allergy problem was solved with Fromm...specifically the Pork and Applesauce. Good Luck!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Try to avoid, ‘hot’ protein, which means likely to cause allergic reactions, chicken, lamb are two.

Try duck, turkey, rabbit, goat.... Zingnature has many with limited ingredients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk