Frenchie aloof

Carbrohux

Reaction score
Hi all,
We just added to our family a 5 month old male Frenchie, a rescue that we know has been in at least 3 states already. Other than that...not much history. We have had him a week and he seems to be adjusting well, vet gave him a clean bill of health. So question here, since this is my first frenchie...is his personality/behavior. He is aloof at all times. I've never seen any dog this calm or chill. Even the vet said he has never seen anything like it lol. Obviously we don't know his background so...its hard to say what is what. He just lays around and seems content. When not laying he just sits and stares, not much for running or jumping, no licking or kisses or greeting. He does like to snuggle and sleep on me. He moves like a snail...very slow no excitement. So far it's that way in any setting. He just sits and stares at me. Not shy or scared at all...just has no cares or worries in the world. The first 2 days I honestly thought he was sick, I've never seen a puppy so calm and quiet....well other than the snorting.

Anyone have experience with a Frenchie like this? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Carris

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_204912_119.jpg
    IMG_20171119_204912_119.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 223

Mavis

Reaction score
Bambi is pretty chill. She is pretty low energy and loves to lay around and sleep a lot. She does get excited to see us, though, and I can make her pretty frisky at times. She is very affectionate, mostly by wanting to be next to us and enjoy being petted. It could be that you little one has been passed around so much that she hasn't had a chance to truly bond to someone before going to live someplace else. I bet your love and permanency will restore her and you will see her change. Love heals all wounds. I just know it will happen. :luv:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Some are laid back, but most pups like to play. He has had a ruff life and been passed around many time, and probably hasn't had any play mates or play time. Give him time to adjust and once he finally knows he has a loving permanent home, maybe he will come out of his shell and want to play.

Carbrohux

Reaction score
Thank you,
He does play with the other dogs, and some with his toys....just not typical puppy enthusiasm. It's funny he is the type I could dress up, take anywhere, pretty much do anything and he would just sit there lol. We went and got new tags today for him, and even with other dogs around he just sat there aloof lol. He is quite the character with his facial expressions. It will be interesting to see how he changes as he grows. He also seems on the small side at 13lbs for 5 months...but he is solid lol.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
He most likely has no idea how to interact... give him a month or two to settle in and to take him out as you want... around people and dogs to get him socialized--you will see his personality grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
He is adorable! He probably hasn't experienced playing. Does he have toys? You may need to get down on all fours and show him how to play!

:smileywelcome: to FBN!

TampaSVT

Reaction score
Like some have said, let him settle in. One of the greatest things about this breed is that they actually do like to lay around and watch TV with you vs going for a walk.
Looks like w sweet one. Hang in there.

Rich

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
He is a cutie!! I wish Wally would be as calm. lol! Frenchies can just sit and stare at nothing for quite a while. I bet he'll come out of his shell once he gets used to his new home. :)