How much does your frenchie weigh full grown?

Reaction score
Well, Gidget is approximately 12" at the top of her shoulders. [MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] - yes at what age are they considered not a puppy any longer?
12 months but I was told that a French Bulldog will continue to fill out through age 2. They don't necessarily grow but they fill in and may put on weight. I can't carry mine @ 29 lbs so I hope there is no more "filling out". I wonder why they don't call it "filling out" when I gain weight?:confused:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
12 months but I was told that a French Bulldog will continue to fill out through age 2. They don't necessarily grow but they fill in and may put on weight. I can't carry mine @ 29 lbs so I hope there is no more "filling out". I wonder why they don't call it "filling out" when I gain weight?:confused:

Yikes...Jax definitely doesn't need to "fill out" anymore and he is not even 8 months old yet and already 27 pounds! He is getting harder and harder to pick up.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Well, Gidget is approximately 12" at the top of her shoulders. [MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] - yes at what age are they considered not a puppy any longer?

Ollie is about one inch shorter than Gidget, but weighs only 16.5 pounds....he must still have some growing to do. He will be 7 months on the 24th.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolt will turn 1 year old in a couple days and he is 18.5 lbs and is just under 12" at the top of his shoulders.

I think this is where Ollie will top out at well......

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
He is definitely a big boy...I can barely pick him up now and am waiting for the day I throw my back out while carrying him up and down the stairs! Jax's exercise is grabbing someone's shoe and then being chased around the house for it...ha ha. I do have a friend that has a Frenchie who is 3 years old and he is a big boy as well (32 pounds, I believe). We had a play date in September but Jax was just too little for him and was constantly getting pinned down. He can probably hold his own though on their next play date!

Ha that's Ollie' favorite game too.....grab mommys shoes, slippers socks.....and RUN!!!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha that's Ollie' favorite game too.....grab mommys shoes, slippers socks.....and RUN!!!!

Jax loves to grab the slippers right off of my feet! He'll pull and pull on them until I finally give in (otherwise he would rip them), then I chase him around for a bit trying to get it back. He also loves to chew on the strings to my pj pants or sweats, he just plops right down on top of me and will chew, chew,chew until they are sopping wet.

BellaMayBulldog

Reaction score
Bella is 28 pounds!! After she got spade this past January, she got up to 34 pounds, so she had to go on a diet and now we have fixed her food and exercise, she lost 6 pounds. vet wants her under 29.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Jax loves to grab the slippers right off of my feet! He'll pull and pull on them until I finally give in (otherwise he would rip them), then I chase him around for a bit trying to get it back. He also loves to chew on the strings to my pj pants or sweats, he just plops right down on top of me and will chew, chew,chew until they are sopping wet.

I think our dogs came from the same gene pool! LOL Ollie does the same thing. We made the mistake of playing with him at night just as we get into bed to help tire him out, well, now it's become a habit and as soon as my head hits the pillow its game on! Bark, Bark, Bark......scratch mommies arm, bit mommies toes....come on let's play!!!! I'm like, ummmmm why did I start this again Oh yeah to tire out the puppy.....yeah that doesn't work.....he had endless amounts of energy! I think my daughter slips him coffee when I'm not looking!

:lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

mhuinker

Reaction score

That's funny! Leo likes to try and steal the buttons off my pajama top! Silly Frenchies!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Stella is 1 and a 1/2 years old and weighs 20lbs. I think she is kind of petite but I do keep her slim too because she is so prone to chunking up quickly. When I got her she was super fat and they called her "Butterball"!

Jess M

Reaction score
Mayhem turned 1 year old on November 20th and he weighs 22 pounds. I got him when he was 8 weeks old and he was so tiny at 2.6 pounds. He was about the size of my remote control! image.jpg

Babette

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they consider Frenchies full grown at 1 year or 2. Babette is about 1.5 and has been steady at 23 pounds for a while now, though I'm sure she'd weigh ten more if we gave her everything she wanted to eat.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hazel is 25 lbs. at 3 years old.

Lori Stensgar

Reaction score
Mini Cooper is 1 1/2 years old and she weighs 16 pounds. She was the runt of her litter.

wgroves

Reaction score
Chewy will be 3 next month and he is 28 lbs. He was the runt in his litter.

HugosMama

Reaction score
Hugo was 29 pounds at 6 months -- he is now almost 8 months so I will be checking on his weight soon. I'm guessing he is probably around 32 pounds now. He is definitely going to be a big boy- but his Mama was a big girl, so I knew he'd be big. Having had Rottweilers and an English Mastiff, I suppose he will always look small to me though! BTW- when do you suppose his weight will top out?

gmarti20

Reaction score
Hugo was 29 pounds at 6 months -- he is now almost 8 months so I will be checking on his weight soon. I'm guessing he is probably around 32 pounds now. He is definitely going to be a big boy- but his Mama was a big girl, so I knew he'd be big. Having had Rottweilers and an English Mastiff, I suppose he will always look small to me though! BTW- when do you suppose his weight will top out?

Kilo weighs 23 lbs at 5 months. At this rate he's going to catch up to Hugo!

Reaction score
Jax is definitely on the bigger side. He will be 8 months old next week and the last time he went to the vet (a couple weeks ago) he weighed in at 27 pounds! The vet was not concerned with his weight. One of my nicknames for him is Butterball. Jax is definitely bulky/stocky and is well proportioned. I think Jax was about 10 1/2 - 11 inches tall the last time we measured him. At what age are Frenchies considered full grown?
He'll "fill-in and fill-out til between 2-3 years of age. The chest definitely widens. I'm not sure if additional weight is associated with the body transformation. I should think it'd be limited.

HugosMama

Reaction score
DSC_3242.jpg Just weighed Hugo a few days ago and, at 8 months, he now weighs over 34 pounds! :w00t:

🆕 Latest posts