I think my Frenchie has grass allergy

Blizz318

Reaction score
So finally got my Frenchie to play with my brothers dog. They were running around in the grass having a great time, but we noticed that his eyes were red. Is this cause of grass allergies I’ve been doing some research. I can’t really determine if it is any suggestions also is this common and can it go away on its own as he gets older as of now he’s only 13 weeks

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is very common… what I do is wipe!paws face and belly with warm wash cloth after each romp in the grass

Blizz318

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is very common… what I do is wipe!paws face and belly with warm wash cloth after each romp in the grass
Ok will do that thank you is there anything his vet can give him I was doing some research and saw that there maybe a shot he can get to help as well

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok will do that thank you is there anything his vet can give him I was doing some research and saw that there maybe a shot he can get to help as well
You could do cytopoint shots.... @Cbrugs gives those and I had given them to my bulldog... it really helped him

Blizz318

Reaction score
You could do cytopoint shots.... @Cbrugs gives those and I had given them to my bulldog... it really helped him
Quick update so his eyes are no longer pinkish, which is a good thing so we’re not sure if it’s allergies or maybe something got stuck in his eye to make his eye turn that color. We will be taking him to the vet this weekend just to have them looked over, I guess step-by-step day by day also, we have switched his food. He has been doing a lot of scratching we now have him on a human grade food, which is called Ollie have you heard of that food

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick update so his eyes are no longer pinkish, which is a good thing so we’re not sure if it’s allergies or maybe something got stuck in his eye to make his eye turn that color. We will be taking him to the vet this weekend just to have them looked over, I guess step-by-step day by day also, we have switched his food. He has been doing a lot of scratching we now have him on a human grade food, which is called Ollie have you heard of that food
Yes… Ollie is , I believe, a gently cooked food and well balanced