keifr

day

Reaction score
Bosley is almost three yrs old. I started him on Primal beef freeze dried two days ago. He threw up a couple of hours after breakfast this morning. Would it be better to give him some kefir or goats milk. No stores in my area have goats milk, will need to drive about an hour to get it. Which isn't a problem if it'll help. I have Kefir here at home. If Kefir is ok how much? Also, is there a protein easier to digest than beef. I know I read that in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it now. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
you an use keifer... start with like a few table spoons to see how he takes it. as for proteins, try turkey or duck

day

Reaction score
Food help please, So Bosley was on Orijen Six Fish for a while but wasn't eating good. A lot of gas and his poo wasn't in good form. He's a very picky eater :rolleyes:. There was no sign of allergies though. So switched him to Natures Logic sardine. He went through one 25lb bag of that. Some signs of chewing on his leg and some scratching. Not sure if it was from the Natures Logic. Also had a spell with IVDD around Christmas. So, I decided to take the plunge and go with freeze dried raw a week ago. I started him on Primal freeze dried beef and he threw up so swapped him to Primal freeze dried duck and added Kefir & Four Leaf Safe Sea and he LOVES it! My little guy actually gets excited about eating now. No more gas or excessive water drinking. Poo's are good ๐Ÿ˜. He is still scratching and chewing some this morning. It's not bad, just enough I'm noticing it. Should I stay with the Duck for a while or go ahead and start switching up between the 3 proteins? Primal freeze dried is costing more than I figured so I have looked into switching to raw. Buying more in bulk. So, I'm willing to go ahead and switch to raw. Viva Raw is the one I'm looking into now.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news that he is doing better... you definitely want to rotate proteins I do duck, turkey, rabbit and beef. but you already know beef is a no go, so even doing three rotation is much better.

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts