New Frenchie Mommy, HELP - Taste of the Wild????

hjjohnson0

Reaction score
We just adopted our first frenchie last week. The woman we bought him off of has him on Pedigree Puppy. After reading a lot of food reviews I was leaning towards purchasing Taste of the Wild Puppy....anyone with a puppy have any advice/feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I had Jax on Taste of the Wild before and it is a good quality food. The only reason I took him off was because I thought he was having allergy issues with it (turns out that I don't think he was after all).

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
All I can say is try him on it and see how he does. If he does great on it, then you know you have found a good food for him. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag. I have had only one that didn't do well on it. Taste of the Wild is a good food.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
havn't had a puppy in soooooooooo long I can't help with my experience, but TOTW is a good food and I know of some that had great results with it

CremedeLou

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't use TOTW because it is manufactured by Diamond. They've had numerous recalls and there are just too many other good foods out there to choose from without as much risk. I have heard good things about TOTW though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmieRebeccax

Reaction score
I had recently fed Bruno Taste Of The Wild, excellent food however it didn't agree with our pup. He got a little bit of an icky tummy and was being sick a lot, when being sick he was bringing up full pellets indicating that he wasn't chewing his food. Our vet recommended we change his food to wet food after this until his tummy was better.

hjjohnson0

Reaction score
i had recently fed bruno taste of the wild, excellent food however it didn't agree with our pup. He got a little bit of an icky tummy and was being sick a lot, when being sick he was bringing up full pellets indicating that he wasn't chewing his food. Our vet recommended we change his food to wet food after this until his tummy was better.

thank you everyone for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you everyone for your input!!!!!!

ForestDweller

Reaction score
I have fed TOTW in the past and most all of my dogs did well on it. TOTW is owned by Diamond and has had some recalls though, so I began feeding Wellness Core grain free to my dogs a couple of years ago. I love Wellness!!