New Frenchie Mommy Needs Some Help

hannah

Reaction score
Glad she is doing a little better! Try rubbing coconut oil into her skin where her hair was lost. Keep us posted! Let us know what that new vet says!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MunasG

Reaction score
Hi all! She is doing really great! She has so much appetite am afraid she's over eating now. The vomiting and regurgitating has stopped and her stools are regular looking. I started feeding her the fromms gold pink bag with a bit of coconut oil or pumpkin mixed in and probiotics. Her gas has reduced.. It's still noisy but not smelly lol. She is still wheezing sometimes but all in all she is great and a ball of energy! I can't keep up with her. My partner is having s ball with her. She is due for a follow up tomorrow and so we will see if the pneumonia has cleared. For now potty training seems to be our concern because she's still not allowed to go outside until she gets all of her shots. They were due on Monday but the vets said it might be too early given that she is still recovering. She had her first bath yesterday... A bit shaky but she recovered quickly. Her potty training issues seem to be linked to when she seems upset at us lol ( I don't know if that makes sense). Over the last two days, she had been running into her sectioned off area where her crate is and petting and pooing on the pads. We get really excited and reward her with a treat, but a few times she has left that area and peed and pooed on either the living room or hallway. Am not sure what to do with that lol. But I'll worry about that later. She's also teething and is in a habit of biting hard during play... But she is being encouraged by my partner. I'm trying to curb the behavior because I have a niece and nephew that visit often and I don't want her to bit them during play. Any tips will be appreciated! I am so happy that my little girl is on the mend. It's bringing the fun back to being a frenchie mommy ��

Cosmin

Reaction score
Hi all! She is doing really great! She has so much appetite am afraid she's over eating now. The vomiting and regurgitating has stopped and her stools are regular looking. I started feeding her the fromms gold pink bag with a bit of coconut oil or pumpkin mixed in and probiotics. Her gas has reduced.. It's still noisy but not smelly lol. She is still wheezing sometimes but all in all she is great and a ball of energy! I can't keep up with her. My partner is having s ball with her. She is due for a follow up tomorrow and so we will see if the pneumonia has cleared. For now potty training seems to be our concern because she's still not allowed to go outside until she gets all of her shots. They were due on Monday but the vets said it might be too early given that she is still recovering. She had her first bath yesterday... A bit shaky but she recovered quickly. Her potty training issues seem to be linked to when she seems upset at us lol ( I don't know if that makes sense). Over the last two days, she had been running into her sectioned off area where her crate is and petting and pooing on the pads. We get really excited and reward her with a treat, but a few times she has left that area and peed and pooed on either the living room or hallway. Am not sure what to do with that lol. But I'll worry about that later. She's also teething and is in a habit of biting hard during play... But she is being encouraged by my partner. I'm trying to curb the behavior because I have a niece and nephew that visit often and I don't want her to bit them during play. Any tips will be appreciated! I am so happy that my little girl is on the mend. It's bringing the fun back to being a frenchie mommy ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ

Congrats for turning her around and for standing by her.. she will reward you for this. As far as i know if she had parvo, she is now immune and most likely she won't need any more vaccines (for parvo) untill she is about 1 year of age (you should check this with your vet). About the biting, it will go away, after c 4/5mths of age i wouldn't encourage it. You should get her a toy she can bite on, and whenever she is biting on stuff around your house (including people :)) just give her the toy. If she bites har on your hans you can let her know that you don't like this by letting out a little 'yelp'. Gasses and wheezing are part of regular frenchie life :) enjoy your healthy puppy