New member - deaf puppy

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Helen made it back to the house today after her Mondays surgery to remove her ovaries. She seems to be fine and hasn't missed much of a beat . Oh to be young. I had a hang nail this morning and barely got out of bed . We had asked the vet to remove the extra baby teeth that hadn't fallen out but he did not . I dont think the front desk relayed our concern on that matter. Now we are wondering if we have to ¿ perhaps they will still fall out.

Helen at home in Lair II on Tuesday afternoon

https://youtu.be/YXcsLxkiR-E

Cost of surgery was 512$ Canadian dollars

How old is she now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miszczak

Reaction score
She was born on August 15 2018

We phoned back on the teeth. Doc says those are permanent teeth growing and it's just the way her mouth is growing/grew that there is a few extra teeth above her main embankment of top teeth .

FroxerMom

Reaction score
So adorable - I love those Frenchie zooms and the cat that pops out from behind the door. LOve it - thanks for sharing!

Miszczak

Reaction score
Helen's first spring and she is having a wonderful time out there walking . She loves to walk and is a very fast and disciplined walker, so that suits us fine . I use a shoulder harness not a neck collar. I will post a video of her walking against fences and walls with it , shes hilarious with it on even though it doesn't hurt her at all .

We have also had to rescue a 7 year old doberman and they are now friends as well.20190424_080317.jpg

Gka

Reaction score
My 4 year old, Yuki, was also born deaf. We have our own signs for communicating and he is super smart so he caught on very fast. It was amazing. I started socializing him very early. He has a huge personality and is very vocal! The only time I notice he's deaf is on 4th of July with all the fireworks and dogs barking...and my little Yuki is sound asleep! LOL!! It is so nice you have help from your Boxer/Pug. She is adorable. I know what you mean about the peripheral vision...I was amazed how good Yuki's vision is especially at night!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Helen's first spring and she is having a wonderful time out there walking . She loves to walk and is a very fast and disciplined walker, so that suits us fine . I use a shoulder harness not a neck collar. I will post a video of her walking against fences and walls with it , shes hilarious with it on even though it doesn't hurt her at all .

We have also had to rescue a 7 year old doberman and they are now friends as well.View attachment 13032

Look at that smile!!

Miszczak

Reaction score
Holy Mackeral the Bruins are playing good

I have a question about French Bulldogs female shaved hair and regrowth . Helen had her surgery in late February of 19

I've phoned the veterinarian inquiring on its growth but they shrugged it off with no concern. Is this common for the breed to have slow hair growth after spaying ¿

Helen is 7 months old now

20190512_160049.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Mackeral the Bruins are playing good

I have a question about French Bulldogs female shaved hair and regrowth . Helen had her surgery in late February of 19

I've phoned the veterinarian inquiring on its growth but they shrugged it off with no concern. Is this common for the breed to have slow hair growth after spaying ¿

Helen is 7 months old now

View attachment 13098

When my bulldog had his surgeries, it took up to three months for the fur to return. My groomer said scratching/rubbing the area in opposite direction of growth to help stimulate the follicles. Not sure if it really worked, but I did try it

brubur

Reaction score
Loved to hear this story! Would like some tips on adding a deaf puppy to the family. We have a 2 year old boy, we taught him basic commands and he is very well behaved and social. But we are still quite scared of the challenge and how it might change Yoda's routine! Could you send me some tips? Thank you!

Miszczak

Reaction score
We had some bad news this day on the 30th of June . Helen has been diagnosed with a brain tumor which is being enlarged by cushings. We will give Helen steroid treatments as long as we can without her suffering . The steroid will beat back the cushings but could damage her other organs as well. Shes a wonderfully charming deaf little creature who just got another bad card handed to her. We are very sad this day

Gka

Reaction score
I am so sorry. This is very sad news. My heart and thoughts are with your precious little Helen.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We had some bad news this day on the 30th of June . Helen has been diagnosed with a brain tumor which is being enlarged by cushings. We will give Helen steroid treatments as long as we can without her suffering . The steroid will beat back the cushings but could damage her other organs as well. Shes a wonderfully charming deaf little creature who just got another bad card handed to her. We are very sad this day

So very sorry to hear this.... do your best and love on her all you can. Spoil her with love and treats. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miszczak

Reaction score
So very sorry to hear this.... do your best and love on her all you can. Spoil her with love and treats. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you all

Thank you so much .

If she thought she was spoiled before , every day will seen like Christmas from now until when .

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much .

If she thought she was spoiled before , every day will seen like Christmas from now until when .

As it should be... (hugs)

Jeffc

Reaction score
She’s beautiful! At least she won’t be upset by fireworks my pups are terrified by them and we aren’t even close to the 4th. Welcome to the forum. This place is packed with knowledgeable and helpful people.