New To Frenchie World. Help Please!

Rfleet1

Reaction score
Hello community, my name is Fleet and I’m new to the forum, I get my new pup on Thursday, his name is JT for Joshua tree where I recently had an amazing spiritual epiphany about getting a dog !

I have had three labradors over the last 25 years, had the last two at the same time, and they were a handful, but very well trained.

I’m kind of overwhelmed by the amount of information on YouTube and the Internet about how to train a Frenchie, can someone please recommend what they believe to be the best online Frenchie training platform?

Thank you !

Fleet

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! Frenchie are stubborn and smart clowns! My guy was two full years to potty train but others catch on quicker.

Regardless of breed one training tool that always works is ‘nothing in life is free’. They have to know you(all humans in home follow same commands) are alpha and what the rules/expectations are. Consistency is key

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your Frenchie. As mentioned above, Frenchies can definitely be stubborn to train but they are usually very food motivated. I would try to find an in person obedience class once he's been vaccinated which will also help with socialization.

Mavis

Reaction score
Our first frenchie was very low energy (retired breeder) and a total snuggle bear. After she passed, we got a frenchie puppy in the spring of 2022. He is completely opposite - stubborn, willful, high energy, barely tolerates being held and kissed - but I love him to pieces! He is still the sweetest thing and everything he does I find so funny! My bad - I have never given him any boundaries so to speak, so I'm sure he could be a much better behaved canine citizen if I worked with him. In spite of my shortcomings, he is a complete angel and there is nothing like a frenchie - IMO. I have a feeling you will be just fine with your new pup. You obviously know what you are doing.

🆕 Latest posts