Please insure your French bulldog before it’s too late!

mymilofrenchies

Reaction score
The vast majority of people don't have pet insurance, like 60%. I just took a deep dive into it and wanted to understand why more people choose not to have it?

It’s annoying having a monthly premium until your dog needs multiple sets of X-rays, pain management, and multiple appointments in the span of a couple months. No one would want to be faced with the decision of coming up with $10k for emergency surgery or letting their loved puppy die. It's like a seat belt, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
I see posts all the time about people being shocked and unprepared for $15-20k emergency surgeries which are common in the breed.
A one week ICU emergency amounted to $10 k for Frenchie due to all the extra precautions they need (pneumonia watch:daily x-rays, etc).
I’m sure there are numerous other things, The main thing I was grateful for, is I never had to say no to the vet. I knew that we could afford any treatment that came our way. Pet insurance gives you peace of mind. I NEVER hesitated to take him to the vet or ER.
Please get pet insurance for your lil nugget
♥️

Here is a good article about comparison between 7 best pet insurance companies in US: https://thswiftest.com/the-best-pet-insurance-compared.
Do your research before buying a policy, read the sample terms for the plans, and figure out what's in your budget and what you'd like covered if you do decide to go that route.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to get it as soon as you get the puppy because many insurance companies take the notes in files as a preexisting condition.. remember their job is to find how not to pay. So if you are doing insurance get the policy the day you get your puppy