Please Be kind to reactive french bulldogs ❤️

mymilofrenchies

Reaction score
You will never understand what it's like to have a reactive dog until you have one yourself.
My dog has such a limited life because of his reactivity. We don't go to dog parks or regular parks or pet stores or anywhere really. Walks are a rare experience because they are so stressful for him. (We try a little bit farther each time we go.)

Yes, I know my dog barking is annoying, but I need to take him outside to be trained. He loves being outdoors and we do our best to stay in isolated places in the woods and we always stay out of people's way. Comments about training my dog are unnecessary. I understand that your dog is perfect in every single way. Mine is not. He's my heart dog and I love him more than anything else, but he is difficult.

Just be kind when you see someone struggling or a dog that looks like they're having a difficult time. Listen to the owner and stop offering unsolicited advice. Trust me, we've heard it all before and we're doing the best we can. My dog is doing the best he can too.
For anyone struggling with reactivity, these are a good place to start:https://www.braintraining4dogs.com/. Having a reactive dog can be a lonely experience that affects your entire life. Knowing there are people out there who understand and empathize makes it easier.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well said! I have 4 dogs and my youngest can be reactive to other dogs and it came out of nowhere. I try to work with her and bring her to Home Depot and a couple pet stores as I believe her issue is fear. But i don’t take her to any of the fun dog events and parties my others go to.

🆕 Latest posts