Stella & Chewy's Food?

eeturk

Reaction score
So after my last thread and getting a suggestion to add treats to Hudson's food to get him more interested in eating, I looked at his favorite treats. They are Stella & Chewy brand, and after some research I learned that they make food too.

Has anyone tried their food and had luck with it? I'm hoping to find something he will be excited about eating. Also not sure whether I would want to go for the freeze dried or the frozen?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We use the freeze dried food to add as a treat sometimes, and when ours get picky and don't want to eat, will add it to their food and they love it. I think it is a good quality food and have never had a problem with it.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We use the freeze dried food to add as a treat sometimes, and when ours get picky and don't want to eat, will add it to their food and they love it. I think it is a good quality food and have never had a problem with it.

I do the same thing, keep a stash of these for treats or when my sisters Pug us over---- how did i forget this :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

eeturk

Reaction score
Oh boy... Fed Hudson 2.5 patties of the duck duck goose flavor on top of his dinner. 2 rehydrated, .5 crumbled. He literally picked through the food and spit out his regular food. Wolfed down the Stella and Chewy's. I don't know if I can afford this haha. What a menace!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh boy... Fed Hudson 2.5 patties of the duck duck goose flavor on top of his dinner. 2 rehydrated, .5 crumbled. He literally picked through the food and spit out his regular food. Wolfed down the Stella and Chewy's. I don't know if I can afford this haha. What a menace!

:rofl: figures!!

KimB3384

Reaction score
We've had awful issues with Bisou and allergies - potatoes, sweet potatoes, and chicory root (inulin). Stella & Chewy's is the only food I've found that agrees with her and doesn't have her scratching and chewing her paws. I love the fact that you have all of the different flavor options. Goose and rabbit are her absolute favorites, but in all honesty, she's never met a food she didn't like. I order from chewy.com and just have 6 bags auto-delivered every month. Best part is that she loves it, and finally seems to be filling out.

eeturk

Reaction score
We've had awful issues with Bisou and allergies - potatoes, sweet potatoes, and chicory root (inulin). Stella & Chewy's is the only food I've found that agrees with her and doesn't have her scratching and chewing her paws. I love the fact that you have all of the different flavor options. Goose and rabbit are her absolute favorites, but in all honesty, she's never met a food she didn't like. I order from chewy.com and just have 6 bags auto-delivered every month. Best part is that she loves it, and finally seems to be filling out.

I fed him just the Stella and Chewy's for dinner tonight. He was begging when I opened the package and had finished his whole bowl before I even finished washing my hands. This is insane! I can't believe he has made such a turn around so quickly with his attitude towards food. I went ahead and ordered a large bag.

Also happy to report that there have been no digestive issues of any sort and he seems to be doing well in all aspects.

KimB3384

Reaction score
Also happy to report that there have been no digestive issues of any sort and he seems to be doing well in all aspects.

Yay, Hudson! It feels so good to know that your dog is happy, doesn't it? As I mentioned before, we've never had an issue with Bisou eating. She loves food. But with Stella & Chewy's? She literally becomes a canine pogo stick. Her vertical leap is amazing, rivaling that of any NBA player! And she only behaves that way with S&C. I don't know if she recognizes the bag, or if she can smell the difference - whatever the reason, it's hilarious to watch her.

eeturk

Reaction score
Wow! That is great,great news!! Hooray :)

I'm so happy! He's like a different dog!

Yay, Hudson! It feels so good to know that your dog is happy, doesn't it? As I mentioned before, we've never had an issue with Bisou eating. She loves food. But with Stella & Chewy's? She literally becomes a canine pogo stick. Her vertical leap is amazing, rivaling that of any NBA player! And she only behaves that way with S&C. I don't know if she recognizes the bag, or if she can smell the difference - whatever the reason, it's hilarious to watch her.

It feels great! I feel bad it took me this long to find it! And that's so funny that you mention that. I had an early morning today (8 am final) and usually Hudson can't drag himself out of bed until the afternoon. This morning he followed me right out and was running around in circles in the kitchen waiting for his food! Then he jumped up on a chair that he's never been able to get onto before! His whole body was wiggling around with happiness! This is the craziest transformation haha

karla215

Reaction score
Because I had read this, when my puppy also was not that into her fromms food, and after finding out the breeder also supplemented, I got some of this to mix in with the fromms. Was like rocket fuel the first time she ate it! Now she scarfs down all the food in a minute flat! Love the little niblet pieces. Glad I read this! Happy Hudson is eating too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

eeturk

Reaction score
Because I had read this, when my puppy also was not that into her fromms food, and after finding out the breeder also supplemented, I got some of this to mix in with the fromms. Was like rocket fuel the first time she ate it! Now she scarfs down all the food in a minute flat! Love the little niblet pieces. Glad I read this! Happy Hudson is eating too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yay so glad it is working for you!! Hudson still goes crazy for it and begs while I'm mixing it up!

KimB3384

Reaction score
I feel bad it took me this long to find it!

Don't feel bad. Think about it this way - your work has already been done for Hudson's brother or sister. 'Cause you know it's gonna happen ;)