Vomiting without cause?

lisamarie

Reaction score
Hope someone has some insight as to what’s going on with our sweet Mini...[emoji22][emoji22]

We are dealing with intermittent cases of extreme vomiting. It started a few months ago & one night she vomited maybe 8-10 times that night, maybe once every 15-20 min for 2 hours. It was bedtime so she ended up just going to sleep, it wasn’t ever much at a time, maybe .5-1 tbsp of kibble but mostly water. All things considered she was acting fine, playing & being normal. Next morning I got her in for a vet visit. They gave her a physical exam & a shot of something (can’t remember the med) to control nausea & vomiting but couldn’t find any reason for her to be throwing up, no discomfort or obvious blockage. She hadn’t eaten anything abnormal that we knew of, was acting normal & she was eating & pooping normal.

A week or so went by all normal, then one night she’s vomiting again, later in the pm...several times every 15 min or so, all while playing & acting normal. Just stops, pukes, then back to normal. It’s happened a few times now every couple weeks & only when she’s particularly “wound up” & sucks down a bunch of water. I usually work from home but on days I leave for work & she’s kenneled she’s definitely gets feisty at night with super zoomies.

We haven’t been back to the vet as they had no answers & it’s so intermittent! It happened again tonight and we are considering taking her in to the vet tomorrow morning. I guess I just fear they will have no answers again.

Could it be simply full belly+too much water+too much zooming like a kid on a roller coaster? [emoji2368][emoji2368]

Any thoughts are sincerely appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
When a dog drinks a lot of water to the point of vomit it usually means they have an upset belly.... have you tried giving Pepcid?

I give Cheli 5mg with each meal and when I don’t he tends to vomit a bit of food later in the night

Corrie

Reaction score
My Mugsy (1 1/2 yrs. old) would vomit if he played hard (zoomies, tuggy, fetch, etc.) after eating. I now play with him before meals and let him rest after eating and no more vomiting. I also noticed if the water is too cold it will make him vomit.

lisamarie

Reaction score
When a dog drinks a lot of water to the point of vomit it usually means they have an upset belly.... have you tried giving Pepcid?

I give Cheli 5mg with each meal and when I don’t he tends to vomit a bit of food later in the night

Thanks, I will try the Pepsid! [emoji3590]

lisamarie

Reaction score
My Mugsy (1 1/2 yrs. old) would vomit if he played hard (zoomies, tuggy, fetch, etc.) after eating. I now play with him before meals and let him rest after eating and no more vomiting. I also noticed if the water is too cold it will make him vomit.

Thanks Corrie, I have a feeling it’s related to her activity level but boy can she be tough to calm down[emoji1787][emoji1787] I may try feeding a little later on days she’s extremely wild in a effort to wear her out as you’ve suggested. Thanks so much for your help [emoji3590]

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Coup will do this if he plays too hard and then drinks a lot of water. Hopefully this is all that is wrong with her.

lisamarie

Reaction score
Coup will do this if he plays too hard and then drinks a lot of water. Hopefully this is all that is wrong with her.

Thanks, we hope so too. We started monitoring her in the yard to make sure she’s not getting into something. We held off on going to the vet as she’s been fine since so hopefully we can try a few things and at least have more info for them should we decide to bring her in. Thanks for your thoughts!

🆕 Latest posts