What's the recommended crate size for a french bulldog?

b0chatma

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife and I are getting a french bulldog puppy in a couple months and we want to get a crate.

We are considering a crate that looks like an end table so that we can keep her in our bedroom. Any issues with doing that?

What crate size would you recommend. I've seeing a couple different recommendations.

Small: 23.8 inched long x 18.1 inches wide x 22 inches high
Medium: 27.5 inches long x 20 inches wide x 24.5 inches high
Large: 29.5 inches long x 21.1 inches wide x 25.2 inches high
x-Large: 36.5 inches long x 24 inches wide x 29.25 inches high

Any thoughts/recommendations? I would prefer the smaller the better; however, I want to make sure it fits our dog appropriately.

pet crate.jpg

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
I would hold off on a nice wooden crate initially because puppies like to chew. I would guess the medium or large size when full grown.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
The best are the wire crates, the large size is plenty, but we use the 24X36 for ours. The plastic ones, and the wooden ones may not have enough ventilation for them to stay cool in the summer, even though the A/C is on.

kiminmn

Reaction score
I'd wait until you know how big your puppy will be as an adult. Also, think about how long the dog is going to be in the kennel regularly. If it is a short period of time regularly, then you can have a smaller kennel.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
The best are the wire crates, the large size is plenty, but we use the 24X36 for ours. The plastic ones, and the wooden ones may not have enough ventilation for them to stay cool in the summer, even though the A/C is on.

This is what I use too ... 24x36