ADVICE NEEDED - Back Leg Issues

Jeffc

Reaction score
He will be 4 in October. I called them we have to fill out some paperwork then they determine if they will cover it or not. I bet we get screwed.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
He will be 4 in October. I called them we have to fill out some paperwork then they determine if they will cover it or not. I bet we get screwed.

I really hope they cover at least some of it cause I heard it’s very expensive.
Hopefully it doesn’t take them long to let you know if it’s covered or not. It took 4 or 5 weeks before the pet insurance got back to me about them covering the allergy issues and soft palate surgery.

At his neurologist appointment, will they do the surgery that day if they know it’s IVDD?? Hopefully things start improving for him and hopefully he isn’t in much pain!

Keep us updated😊

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if insurance company’s typically cover IVDD surgery if it is deemed necessary? We do have insurance.
Depends on the plan you have. Mine has covered 90% of all of Jax’s claims and surgeries after the $250 deductible each year.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope they cover at least some of it cause I heard it’s very expensive.
Hopefully it doesn’t take them long to let you know if it’s covered or not. It took 4 or 5 weeks before the pet insurance got back to me about them covering the allergy issues and soft palate surgery.

At his neurologist appointment, will they do the surgery that day if they know it’s IVDD?? Hopefully things start improving for him and hopefully he isn’t in much pain!

Keep us updated😊
In Jax’s case, his previous surgeries were done the day after his MRI and this last time it was done same day.

Jeffc

Reaction score
We had a neurologist appointment yesterday and they didn’t really find anything wrong. They didn’t want to do a MRI at this point. They want us to bring him back for another exam with the orthopedic team. It’s a long drive, but we are determined to find a resolution. We love him like a child.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
We had a neurologist appointment yesterday and they didn’t really find anything wrong. They didn’t want to do a MRI at this point. They want us to bring him back for another exam with the orthopedic team. It’s a long drive, but we are determined to find a resolution. We love him like a child.

Glad to hear they didn’t find anything seriously wrong with him, hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon!

Keep us updated😊

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts…. Hoping he doesn’t need surgery!