Article: Tail Pockets in French Bulldogs

Reaction score
My dog really has no tail but the stub is so strong he wont let you touch under there. We use tissue to wipe him after his bowel movements and he hates it. I have never felt a "cave" when I wash under his tail during his bath. I'm really going to have to check at his next bath. Good info! Thanks :yes: :D

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We are very lucky that Cheli does not have a tail pocket... but I do still wipe the area every other day with an unscented babywipe to keep him clean

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Wally doesn't have one either. He hates when I wipe his bottom, he tries to sit down right away.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Jax has one. It's pretty tight under what little of a tail he has.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
When you say it's tight under a small tail, then there is a good chance there is at least some area that can develop yeast and bacteria, so defiantly investigate!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I don't think Jax has one. It's pretty tight under what little of a tail he has.

Buster clamps his tail down really tight to cover his small tail pocket. The infection is gone now, but it still takes 2 of us to clean the little pocket.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax let me do a thorough inspection and I don't think he has one. I thought there was space under his tail but there actually isn't. Hopefully I'm right but I'll be on the alert if anything seems to give him any issues.

Reaction score
:D I am so glad to know Sergeant isn't the only one who clamps that stub down. It's so strong you can't pry it up. When ever he eats something he shouldn't and gets a little string and we have to pull it out he actually growls and nips. He's quite serious about keeping his private part private.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Great info. thanks so much. Stella's little nub is off to the side and very small. Jake definitely has a lil tail pocket that covers his bum, but I can lift it enought to get in there to clean it.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Great info! Leo doesn't have a tail pocket, he has a tail dimple.... barely there and just a bump of a tail! :)
Molly on the other hand.... she has a doozy of a pocket! :) And a tight little curled tail.

Spartans Bordeauxs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I literally felt like I just wrastled a crocodile to check for a tail pocket, he wasn’t going to have any of that! Thanks for the education and new information. After winning the struggle, no pocket, and his booty is in good shape. He is looking at me a little like ugh mom, you surf the net then you go checking my butt... what’s up with that huh?

Cjcarol

Reaction score
Great information. We are picking up our pup in a week or so. I had no idea. I know frenchies need more care. I need to know more of what other care(daily or weekly) I need to stay on top of for my puppy,Banjo.