Feeding my frenchie the raw meat diet (natures menu)

Jadeellis

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently feed my frenchie the raw meat diet (natures menu) he has been brought up on it and so has he's mum according to the breeder, I was very new to the raw meat diet I had never heard about it before as the past 2 pups I've had were on kibble and all my friends dogs too .the breeder said that this kind of diet was especially good for frenchies I have done my research but probably don't know as much as some of the people on here I believe that actually having a Frenchie will teach you more than google will.ive have many different opinions from different people but who's better to ask them actual frenchie owners.do you feed your frenchie the raw meat diet? And/or do you know anything or have an opinion on this particular diet? You can never be too careful with your dog especially because french bulldogs have quite a few health problems already I just want to feed my fur baby the best there is! P.s I mix with veggies such as mashed up carrots and potato 3-4 times a week just mix it up as I don't like feeding him different raw meats I stick to beef.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! We'd love to see pictures of your baby.

I feed frozen commercial raw patties and have been doing so for the last couple of years as Jax just wasn't doing well on any kibble I had tried. Raw is definitely the best diet for any dog, so many benefits. It is good to rotate between different proteins with raw. "They" say to rotate between at least 3 different proteins. I *think* this is because each protein has different nutritional values so it's good to mix and match so they get the best of everything.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: to FBN! I have always fed kibble or homecooked food but do understand that there are benefits to feeding raw!

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
I feed a commercial raw, as well. I agree with everything that [MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] said about rotating proteins. I don't feed any starches to Gus. His raw mix (I mostly feed Answers Pet Food) does contain some veggies though.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
There are two main kinds of raw food diets- BARF- usually 70% muscle meat, 10% edible bones, 5% liver, 5% other organs, 7% vegetables, 3% fruit
PREY- 80-85% muscle meat, 10-15% bones, 5-10% organs and offal ( with half being liver )
I like to buy a commercial BARF ground raw frozen product. The one I buy has no added vitamins or oils, which I like. So I add about 1/8 teaspoon a day of sea kelp ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Kelp-Powder/dp/B004XIS14M/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1521512781&sr=1-1&keywords=starwest+botanicals+kelp and about 300 mg EPA/DHA fish oil daily from a pierced capsule, and a 400IU natural source Vitamin E from a pierced capsule once a week. I also add the contents of a 1000mg capsule of flax seed oil daily, but once I get some hemp seed oil I'll add that when my dog is on beef and the flax seed oil when she is on duck or turkey. I noticed your brand had a lot of extra vitamins and even rice in some of the products, so you have less control. But you are definitely fine with using your frozen raw if your dog isn't having any allergies from any of its ingredients.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I was lucky to find a local provider.. I alternate between two proteins each month -- mainly duck and then switch between rabbit and beef. Boys love it and are doing awesome... main of my Bulldogs issues have cleared up since making the transition to raw.