hello! long post lol

CarolNoelle

Reaction score
Hi, Carol Noelle here. I'm looking for a new Frenchie after I've just had my heart broken. A women in Danville Illinois promised to hold and sell me a female black Frenchie and then when she stopped texting me back or answering my calls she finally came out and said in other words she "was not comfortable" selling the dog to me afterall and would not give any reasons why, I suspect she sold the pup for more moey or was holding out t sell her for more money. it broke my heart and got very ugly. I currently have a 12 yr old butterscotch female frenchie, named Butters who wears diapers and can not walk anymore. She is like my baby and I take care of her like my own child. I know I must make that most difficult decision to put her to rest but it is killing me. she does not appear to be in pain, to look at her its just the fact that she cannot walk anymore that is wrong. she appears happy and healthy in every other way. we tried steroids until they stopped working. she was used as a breeder dog and the woman I bought her from only had her for 6 months, she told me Butters was a mess, urine up her legs, runny nose, neglected. sounds like the breeder would've bred her to death if this woman hadn't come along. Butters was 4yrs old when I got her. she quickly adapted to the household with cats, a bird, and my Boston Terrier Beast may he RIP. Butters was supposed to be spayed but I found out the hard way that she was not and almost died of pyometra one day, along with shock lung but emergency surgery and sheer will and love pulled Butters thru. I stayed by her side for days until she was up on her feet again. then she developed a bladder stone obstructing urination, another surgery to remove the stone and she pulled thru again. she is laying right next to me on the sofa, she is with me always unless I am at work or out but family is always around to look after her. ok long story, I just love her so much. I was excited to be getting the new pup to keep Butters company or help me get thru saying goodbye to Butters, so, I am currently looking for a younger Frenchie black either sex. I will care for it like ive cared for every animal that has crossed my threshold. I have never been in a forum like this. I am willing to drive long distance for this pup, I am in Elburn, Illinois. one more question...this Frenchie that woman was selling to me had a long tail and was almost a year old and needed shots and spaying. she told me she pain $500 adoption fee and agreed to take my $400 offer. Then she slipped up ad said she wanted $2500 for the dog, what she paid for. what a heartless woman. that pup would've been spoiled rotten with attention, care and love. thanks for any advice.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like Butters is living her best life with you! Are you looking for a puppy or to adopt a rescue? We cannot recommend breeder names on threads but anyone is welcome to send you a PM.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Butters condition. I'm not sure that getting a new dog is the best thing to do right now, especially if you get a female. I had a situation where I had 2 female bulldogs who were constantly fighting each other, and I had to rehome the newer one. It may be more stressful for Butter to have a new dog around than it is company. Even if they do get along it will be stressful for your surviving dog to lose Butter when it's her time to go.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree... I think it will be more stressful for Butters if you get a puppy now.

You are giving her all your love and attention which she needs ... she has the best life you can give her — enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I know it is hard, but I would also recommend waiting to get a new dog until Butter's time with you has come to an end. Shower her with all of your love and attention. I have had multiple experiences with two different dogs at two different times, who suffered so deeply when losing their companion dog that they stopped eating completely and became very despondent. It was awful to see and live through. I truly believe Butters will be stressed with the addition of a new dog. The new dog may or may not react poorly to Butter's death when it happens, but I personally would not take the chance. Good luck.

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Good advice on waiting to add a puppy; it's amazing to read about the amount of care and love you've given Butters.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Butters condition, and I agree, a pup would be the last thing Butters needs in her life. You might check the local shelters or rescues to see if they have any Frenchies there needing a good home. But if you want a pup I would wait until Butters passes and then look for a pup. Plus look for a good reputable breeder who breeds to the FBDCA standard. You will get a healthier pup, than the money hungry "color" breeders. Go to some dog shows and talk to the show breeders there. Sometimes they have pups and sometime they will have a brood bitch that is retired but needs a good home. Also go to the FBDCA website and look for breeders there, they have a breeders list on the site.