I think my Frenchie has grass allergy

Blizz318

Reaction score
So finally got my Frenchie to play with my brothers dog. They were running around in the grass having a great time, but we noticed that his eyes were red. Is this cause of grass allergies I’ve been doing some research. I can’t really determine if it is any suggestions also is this common and can it go away on its own as he gets older as of now he’s only 13 weeks

Unfortunately it is very common… what I do is wipe!paws face and belly with warm wash cloth after each romp in the grass

Unfortunately it is very common… what I do is wipe!paws face and belly with warm wash cloth after each romp in the grass
Ok will do that thank you is there anything his vet can give him I was doing some research and saw that there maybe a shot he can get to help as well

Ok will do that thank you is there anything his vet can give him I was doing some research and saw that there maybe a shot he can get to help as well
You could do cytopoint shots.... @Cbrugs gives those and I had given them to my bulldog... it really helped him

You could do cytopoint shots.... @Cbrugs gives those and I had given them to my bulldog... it really helped him
Quick update so his eyes are no longer pinkish, which is a good thing so we’re not sure if it’s allergies or maybe something got stuck in his eye to make his eye turn that color. We will be taking him to the vet this weekend just to have them looked over, I guess step-by-step day by day also, we have switched his food. He has been doing a lot of scratching we now have him on a human grade food, which is called Ollie have you heard of that food

Quick update so his eyes are no longer pinkish, which is a good thing so we’re not sure if it’s allergies or maybe something got stuck in his eye to make his eye turn that color. We will be taking him to the vet this weekend just to have them looked over, I guess step-by-step day by day also, we have switched his food. He has been doing a lot of scratching we now have him on a human grade food, which is called Ollie have you heard of that food
Yes… Ollie is , I believe, a gently cooked food and well balanced

Our Frenchie gets bumps on his back and starts to lose hair when the grass here in Arkansas turns green. We take periodic trips to Colorado and it clears up.
We get Cytopoint shots at the vet, use oatmeal shampoo, wipe his feet after he goes out. I try to supervise him and make sure he does’t lie on the grass. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Bermuda grass.
We have an 8’x24’ fenced dog yard that I want to install artificial dog turf in.
Has anyone done this and does your Frenchie adapt to the artificial turf? I worry about it getting too hot in the Summer also.
Dog turf is expensive when properly installed, but he really enjoys lying in the sun for short periods.

I give Cytopoint to a couple of my dogs that get itchy from the grass and it helps tremendously. They can thankfully go months in between injections as the cost has jumped up significantly. I also give a skin and coat supplement that I think helps as well.

I’m pretty sure my Frenchie is allergic to Bermuda grass. I give him 10mg Zyrtec daily during allergy season and bathe him often with oatmeal dog shampoo. I’m getting ready to redid his yard with Zoysia. It is supposed to be one of the least allergic grasses.

Back