I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Leroy~~Available For Adoption in the Chicago Area

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
leroy.jpg

Leroy’s loves his humans more than anything and at the same time he is incredibly food motivated and will do anything for a treat. He is not particularly energetic, he likes to take slow walks and be petted. In two weeks of fostering him, I’ve seen him run only when I come home from work (in excitement around my apartment and once at the dog beach) other than that he is not very excitable and much more interested in curling up by his human and lying on his back so he can get his tummy scratched.

Leroy is a very cuddly dog indeed, he would be perfect for someone low energy and he is also very patient and is fine around children. I don’t keep him in a crate and when I get home from work I find him curled up in his bed which I’ve left by the door because he does suffer some separation anxiety, although I think this is getting better the longer he stays with a nice family whom he knows are going to treat him well and return to him. He came on a road trip with us recently for 6 hours and he slept in the back the entire time with a few stretch breaks, he didn’t mind sleeping one bit, he’s like a cat in that way – loves to find a sunny spot and take a snooze.

He is house trained although he did poop in the house once when he first arrived because he was scared and confused and didn’t come from the best situation by the sounds of it. He stayed with us (me, my husband and our other dog) at a hotel and he didn’t have any accidents over two days so he’s getting better and learning that life is starting to get better for him. He is nervous of big dogs and the first few times I took him to the dog park he would hide behind me, as I socialize him more and more I notice that he is making HUGE improvements and getting better every time, being around other dogs and interacting. I have had a mid-sized dog and my resident Frenchie in my home with Leroy and Leroy has been fine – he’s just nervous when he is outside.

He previously lived with a dog that would be aggressive toward him and so this has left him timid, but like I said earlier – he is getting much better and learning that not all people and dogs are going to be mean to him. He is an inside dog, when I took him in he had filthy ears, dermatitis on his chest, a balding tail and fly bites on the tips of his ears. I am feeding him high quality food and take much better care of him now and he’s a new dog and very happy and healthy. He needs a home with people who will love him like a child and appreciate this very sweet, very loving little guy because he really is a special soul and everyone I see on the street wants to pet him and hug him and tells me what a good sweet little boy he is. He really is a wonderful dog.

To apply for Leroy, please Download our application by clicking here.
*All adoption fees include the dog being up to date on their shots, microchipped, heartworm tested and fecal tested, spayed/neutered, bed, collar and leash.

LEROY'S ADOPTION FEE IS $550.00

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> frenchieporvous.org

To view more available Frenchies from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago French Bulldog Rescue

Thank you for considering adoption for your next family fur-mate!

Please let them know you found them on French Bulldog News! :)