Loki Didn't Make It Through First Class

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
When Jax was a puppy I took him to puppy classes at Petsmart. There was only 1 other dog in the class. All Jax did was want to play. But he would do the commands for treats and only for treats. He still somehow graduated. A couple years ago I had a trainer come to the home. Her words were "don't ever let him off a leash." So basically to this day, he only listens if he wants to listen or if he gets or thinks he is getting a treat.

Before I got Jax I read a book about French Bulldogs. It said "if you want an obedient dog, do not get a French Bulldog."

Wally in a nutshell! I can't like this comment enough. lol! :D

Perhaps he would do better at your home with a one on one trainer. Good luck! He sure is a cutie.

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Time for a brief update.

Loki had his fourth class today and all is going well.

He loves the trainer and the trainer appreciates Loki's "Frenchiness".

We've worked on sit, stay, wait, down, come, leave it, use of a clicker and just started loose-leash walking.

Potato chips have continued to save the day when he loses interest in typical dog treats.

I have been lax in working with Loki in between training sessions and hope to improve in this regard.

We are still planning to try him in a group setting for the next round of training once he completes the sixth class.

He continues to get distracted by people walking by the training area, but that is something we work on during the session.

Bottom line is that I am glad the trainer was willing to work one-on-one with us.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Great update! Bulldogs are definitely stubborn but they can still be trained. I need to continue to work with Louie as he’s definitely more challenging at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
I'm glad things are working out so well. I know you were pretty disappointed, and probably frustrated, in the beginning. Sounds like you found a great trainer and little Loki is making progress. Thanks for the update! :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Time for a brief update.

Loki had his fourth class today and all is going well.

He loves the trainer and the trainer appreciates Loki's "Frenchiness".

We've worked on sit, stay, wait, down, come, leave it, use of a clicker and just started loose-leash walking.

Potato chips have continued to save the day when he loses interest in typical dog treats.

I have been lax in working with Loki in between training sessions and hope to improve in this regard.

We are still planning to try him in a group setting for the next round of training once he completes the sixth class.

He continues to get distracted by people walking by the training area, but that is something we work on during the session.

Bottom line is that I am glad the trainer was willing to work one-on-one with us.

Great progress! Frenchies do have a very small attention span that is for sure

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Next week is Loki's last individual training class.

The trainer wants to try teaching him a trick - jumping through a hoop.

That seems only fair since Loki has my wife and me jumping through hoops for him way too often.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Next week is Loki's last individual training class.

The trainer wants to try teaching him a trick - jumping through a hoop.

That seems only fair since Loki has my wife and me jumping through hoops for him way too often.

🤣[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Ta-da!

0do7juy.jpg

Level 2 sessions will begin in early September.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news! Good job Loki!

mattcantwin

Reaction score
I know he got the certificate, but Loki (and I) still need work on loose-leash walking.

He still sees me as something to drag along on walks.

Hope to have this corrected before the next session begins.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
I know the feeling . MY french bulldog is also nosy, and will not move unless he gets his way. I used to think he was giving me attitude, since i wasnt familar with the breed at first.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I know he got the certificate, but Loki (and I) still need work on loose-leash walking.

He still sees me as something to drag along on walks.

Hope to have this corrected before the next session begins.

Congratulations Loki!!!

This is something I was never able to break with Wally. I have another dog so it was hard to train him and get her exercise in too.