medication help!!!

day

Reaction score
Hello, I have a medication question. Bosley had an episode with IVDD Friday night. Our vet put him on 1/2 of 500mg Robaxin twice a day. Bosley is still in a lot of pain this morning even after the Robaxin. I also have Gabapentin and Carprofen to give him. He had a 1/2 of a Robaxin 5 hrs ago. When is it safe to give him a Gabapentin or Carprofen?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a medication question. Bosley had an episode with IVDD Friday night. Our vet put him on 1/2 of 500mg Robaxin twice a day. Bosley is still in a lot of pain this morning even after the Robaxin. I also have Gabapentin and Carprofen to give him. He had a 1/2 of a Robaxin 5 hrs ago. When is it safe to give him a Gabapentin or Carprofen?
Call your vet office… always consult them or an ER for dosage and mixing to be safe

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Christine, call the vet about dosage and mixing meds. However, if your guy has IVDD, they are sometimes on a mix of meds, one being Gabapentin. Is this your regular vet or a neurologist? If you have not seen a neurologist, I suggest you see one as they are more familiar with IVDD.

🆕 Latest posts