Need help! Possible cherry eye?

Kathenry82

Reaction score
My girls eye has a bump on it! It's the weekend and the vet is closed. Any idea what it could be? I'm afraid it's cherry eye.

Attachments

• 20231007_143708.jpg
    20231007_143708.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t have personal experience with cherry eye but I have seen it in several dogs before. It usually looks redder but I suppose this could be how it starts. I wonder if it could be the third eyelid.

If it is cherry eye, I know sometimes it could be massaged back in.

You can try doing a search for cherry eye on here to see what others have done and if there are photos to compare to.

Kathenry82

Reaction score
I don’t have personal experience with cherry eye but I have seen it in several dogs before. It usually looks redder but I suppose this could be how it starts. I wonder if it could be the third eyelid.

If it is cherry eye, I know sometimes it could be massaged back in.

You can try doing a search for cherry eye on here to see what others have done and if there are photos to compare to.
Update: It went away. Think goodness! My husband checked on her and he said it was gone. I went to look and sure enough her eye was back to normal. I have no clue what it was.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent! Could have been an irritated third eyelid.

Kathenry82

Reaction score
I recently took out pet insurance on her. She will eat anything and I heard french bulldogs are prone to cherry eye. I felt it was a good idea 💡

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, if it is cherry eye, it can come and go based on irritants and excitement.

BellaMay

Reaction score
My girls eye has a bump on it! It's the weekend and the vet is closed. Any idea what it could be? I'm afraid it's cherry eye.
My little six month old Frenchie puppy had very similar. It came on overnight. I massaged it back into place and it’s been a week now and not returned. I too was baffled, but read these breeds are prone to cherry eye