LoveFrenchies

Reaction score
Hello Frenchie Forum - i'm a new member and decided to join a form because I am now an owner of two French bulldogs. Both of them are rescues. I have a 13-year-old named lunchbox. I have a one year old named Louie. My new baby needs to be trained, especially potty training. Although I've had dogs all my life and other pets, I've never had to potty train any of them so this is new to me and to Louie.
If anyone has any suggestions, I can try that would be great. I was thinking of changing his food to farmers dog. Apparently that's supposed to be a very good food. Still looking into it nice meeting everyone. The black and brown pup is Louis and my old Frenchie is lunchbox and the second picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
Welcome!!! I also have a 13 yr old and a one year old!! Potty training is brutal with this breed… schedule, schedule schedule… is what we are doing. Cubby just pees at will wherever he is so we have to keep him on 1-2 hour schedules when he is not crated (we aren’t home)

How cool is that that we both have the same aged Frenchies.
My 13 yr old goes out after his naps. He does have the occasional accident due to age. Louie on the other hand is a challenge. Like yours, he will go anywhere anytime in the house.
I bring him out all day and all night actually, and like he's doing right now he's just sitting even though I know he has to go. Thanks for getting back to me. 🙂

omg lunchbox is such a cute name! for potty training, i found that taking my frenchie out every hour during the day helped. it's exhausting but it worked eventually. hang in there!

Thank you! I like his name too
Going outside every hour does help.

I'm n
K DC m V
omg lunchbox is such a cute name! for potty training, i found that taking my frenchie out every hour during the day helped. it's exhausting but it worked eventually. hang in there!

How cool is that that we both have the same aged Frenchies.
My 13 yr old goes out after his naps. He does have the occasional accident due to age. Louie on the other hand is a challenge. Like yours, he will go anywhere anytime in the house.
I bring him out all day and all night actually, and like he's doing right now he's just sitting even though I know he has to go. Thanks for getting back to me. 🙂
Yes, Cheli , our 13 yr old, does know when he has to go poo until it starts coming out… he pops up and runs for the door but doesn’t always make it. I rather poo than pee in the house… pee smells don’t go away poo does 😂😂😂😂

OMG! Lunchbox does the exact same thing! Sometimes he goes poop on his way to the back door. His intentions are good, but he's slowing down.
And yes, I rather pick up poop and clean that small area than pee. Especially on my carpet.
Louie just goes wheee and when he wants. I'm working with a trainer and hope that helps. It would be great if he just went to the door to alert me. Lol

OMG! Lunchbox does the exact same thing! Sometimes he goes poop on his way to the back door. His intentions are good, but he's slowing down.
And yes, I rather pick up poop and clean that small area than pee. Especially on my carpet.
Louie just goes wheee and when he wants. I'm working with a trainer and hope that helps. It would be great if he just went to the door to alert me. Lol
Yep… Cubby our 1 yr old… pee’s at will! He’s such a stinker. He’ll go to door for poo but not pee.. just goes where he stands. 😖😖

Back