Panic Attacks

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
Oskar is almost 10 months old. Since we got him, he has gone for at least 2 rides a day in the car. My husband and I even change cars frequently due to the fact we own a dealership. Oskar has his car seat which he always is in no matter what car, an has been in since he was 4 months old. Always looking out the window when not sleeping.

Recently, as in just this Tuesday, my husband and I swapped cars and he took mine in to be cleaned. No new cleaners were used, nothing different or out of place as far as I notice.

Wednesday we get in the car to take my son to school and he stuffs his nose in the corner of the seat. Wonā€™t respond verbally. Wonā€™t budge. Shaking.
I pulled over to see if he was okay, and took him up front with me. He wouldnā€™t look out the window. Stuffed his face near the air vent and continued to shake. His breathing got faster and heavier as the ride went on, to the point of panting.

Anyone have anything like this happen? He is a nervous dog in new situations, but heā€™s always loved going for rides. I canā€™t figure it out, and Iā€™m getting worried for him.

TIA!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Could he have eaten something he shouldnā€™t have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Our girl Banks (bulldog) .. as a pup was indifferent to car rides. Then one day she HATED it, would do exactly as you explain.. we had to get her Xanax if we went on long trips.

Another help was Adaptilā€” it is spray of pheromones

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
Definitely not, itā€™s been going on for days and just during the rides. Once heā€™s out heā€™s back to normal.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
This isnā€™t promising. My husband said he changed the audio (bass and treble etc) when he took the car in. Iā€™m going to see if it may be a frequency thing. Iā€™m also going to take him for a ride in the truck to see what happens.

If thatā€™s all a bust then I will definitely try the Adaptil - cuz he doesnā€™t want to be home.

Our girl Banks (bulldog) .. as a pup was indifferent to car rides. Then one day she HATED it, would do exactly as you explain.. we had to get her Xanax if we went on long trips.

Another help was Adaptilā€” it is spray of pheromones

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
This isnā€™t promising. My husband said he changed the audio (bass and treble etc) when he took the car in. Iā€™m going to see if it may be a frequency thing. Iā€™m also going to take him for a ride in the truck to see what happens.

If thatā€™s all a bust then I will definitely try the Adaptil - cuz he doesnā€™t want to be home.

If you try it... follow the directions, it makes a difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score

Sounds can definitely be an issue. My wife's chihuahua was panicked with one cellphone's sounds and would wedge herself into corners when she heard it. With any other cellphone she is fine. And this is the fierce chihuahua that kills squirrels.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
Oh my! :D

Sounds can definitely be an issue. My wife's chihuahua was panicked with one cellphone's sounds and would wedge herself into corners when she heard it. With any other cellphone she is fine. And this is the fierce chihuahua that kills squirrels.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
So weā€™ve been driving without the radio on and in someoneā€™s lap with success. Iā€™m going to put him back in his car seat tomorrow, and if all goes well then we will try it with the radio again now that Iā€™ve changes the settings back.

I told my husband that he has BIG sensitive ears, and you canā€™t expect him to enjoy the treble and bass pumped up :whoa::whoa:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So weā€™ve been driving without the radio on and in someoneā€™s lap with success. Iā€™m going to put him back in his car seat tomorrow, and if all goes well then we will try it with the radio again now that Iā€™ve changes the settings back.

I told my husband that he has BIG sensitive ears, and you canā€™t expect him to enjoy the treble and bass pumped up :whoa::whoa:

Nice!! Hopefully he is ok with no music