Red bump on back leg - histiocytoma?

Tina B

Reaction score
Hi!
My 3 y/o male frenchie developed a red bump on his back right leg the size of a pea almost overnight about 4 weeks ago. We went to the vet and they tested the cells of it and say it's a Histiocytoma. Said it should go away on it's own in a couple months (and if it doesn't, that they would need to surgically remove it) and if it changes or gets worse, to take him back in. It got flatter and larger and infected so I took him in and they said he needs to have surgery. The next day it went down even more but still seems red and infected. They did not give us any antibiotics to treat it. I was just putting a topical Neosporin on. Then a couple day later, I took him to a well known nutritionist and he said "he does not need surgery" and that it is infected but he recommended a topical and then a pill that will help it go away in about 3 weeks. It's a more natural approach and he didn't seem worried at all. The things I am using from him are: a CBD and eucalyptis balm and then something called Immune R (that I put in his food) which is a mix or mushrooms. He is super confident this will work. I worry that I am not doing enough. I worry if he doesn't get on a antibiotic from the Vet, that he could get something like Sepsis. Has anyone ran into this with their baby? I don't know if I should go get another Vet opinion before it's too late. I have attached pictures of how it's looked and transforming. Each day it looks a little better but I don't know if something is happening in his body that I need to respond to as well. THANK YOU for any help!!! xoxo
IMG_5199.jpgIMG_5362.jpgIMG_5388.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax has had a couple that have always gone away in their own. I’m not a vet but you can try perhaps spraying some colloidal silver on it. It’s supposed to be a natural antibiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed --- they go away over a few weeks/months on their own, but keep the area clean

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I would do as others have said, keep it clean and it should heal on it's own. Just watch it so it doesn't get worse.

Tina B

Reaction score
Jax has had a couple that have always gone away in their own. I’m not a vet but you can try perhaps spraying some colloidal silver on it. It’s supposed to be a natural antibiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response. It has been getting better each day. It's that whole theory that it gets worse before it gets better sometimes. I will try to colloidal silver too. thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Will do! Glad to hear it seems like this is something not to worry about.