RIP my sweet girl

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thank you Julie. Sometimes I am ok, and sometimes I just break down. It feels so empty here. You don't realize sometimes what a big part of your life they are until one day they just aren't there.

blushy

Reaction score
Thank you Julie. Sometimes I am ok, and sometimes I just break down. It feels so empty here. You don't realize sometimes what a big part of your life they are until one day they just aren't there.

I've never read something so true.

It's always the little things, too.

They break your heart.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm still sending so much love your way! [emoji173]๏ธ

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thank you Blushy. I agree, it is the little things. :(

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss, but your girl lived right up until the end. She was healthy and active until it was over, that is a blessing.

Reaction score
Well, she wasn't a Frenchie, but my 13 year old Pekingese passed away 3 days ago. I haven't even been able to tell anyone or talk about it. She was perfectly fine that morning, my husband and I left. He went to Lowes and got back before me and found her in the hallway dead. The vet said it was probably a heart attack or something along those lines. She had her teeth cleaned a few months ago and I had bloodwork done, and xrays of her hips and shoulders because of her arthritis. We figured we would do the xrays while she was out for her dental. Anyway, I snapped an xray of her heart also and it looked fine, bloodwork looked good, heart sounded good, even her teeth were in great shape for her age. I am shocked and so heartbroken that I can't even explain. My other dog is older, diabetic, blind, arthritic, etc. I never would have expected to loose her before him. I don't even think it has really set in yet that she is gone. That morning I took her out she ran around like always, came in and ate all her breakfast, I sat in the floor and played with her a bit. She barked and ran to the treat cabinet wanting a treat, so I gave her one. I snuggled with her for a while. She was totally normal. I guess we just never know. :(
Well what a blessing she wasn't sick and in pain. It's always difficult to lose a pet, they're become just like a person to us and it's a painful experience. I hope your heart will heal soon but to help you feel a little better think about what a blessing it was she was happy til the very moment she went to the bridge, She's there waiting for you and her fur siblings.rainbow1.jpg

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

nikki86

Reaction score
It is hard to hear that it will get easier but it does. I lost my lab Harley two weeks before Christmas to cancer last year and it was hard but worse with toys under the tree for her... I cried much and cried if I thought of her or at times would say stay harley as I headed out the door from habit (I had her since I was 14 and she died at 13years old). A year later I still tear up when I see her picture but every day is a little better. My advise is to cry when you feel like you should and just let it out as there is no shame crying over man's best friend

blushy

Reaction score
It is hard to hear that it will get easier but it does. I lost my lab Harley two weeks before Christmas to cancer last year and it was hard but worse with toys under the tree for her... I cried much and cried if I thought of her or at times would say stay harley as I headed out the door from habit (I had her since I was 14 and she died at 13years old). A year later I still tear up when I see her picture but every day is a little better. My advise is to cry when you feel like you should and just let it out as there is no shame crying over man's best friend

My cousin Nikki lost her dog named Harley too.

How crazy. Same names.

It's always better to mourn than hold it in.

My dog attacked my son badly, but it's still sad when I go to look for her, all the little things hurt, even when she hurt our family so bad, she was a big part of our lives as well.

But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. We wouldn't have our Frenchie if none of this happened and our son adores her!

Stay positive! [emoji173]๏ธ

Mavis

Reaction score
T, I'm so sorry about ShuShu; I just saw this today. You have been through a lot with this and then when Titan was a baby. Seems like you have come out the other side with Titan well now and loving life.