She's finally figured it out!!

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Emmi is not only housebroken but she is bell trained. She is ringing the bell every single time she has to potty. We struggled so much with housebreaking her but we stayed consistent with ringing the bell that we have on the door every single time we took her out and she's got it! Just wanted to give anyone out there some hope that is really having a hard time. I was getting so frustrated because we kept going backwards but there is hope! These little girls and guys are smart. We have bell trained previous dogs we have owned and none have ever picked it up by 7 months old like Emmi has. Keep the faith!! Emmi says Merry Christmas!Emmy16.jpg

Baer Rios

Reaction score
That was also so frustrating with our frenchie. I laughed when someone in this forum said it can take up to 2 yrs. Congrats getting your girl bell trained.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Emmi is not only housebroken but she is bell trained. She is ringing the bell every single time she has to potty. We struggled so much with housebreaking her but we stayed consistent with ringing the bell that we have on the door every single time we took her out and she's got it! Just wanted to give anyone out there some hope that is really having a hard time. I was getting so frustrated because we kept going backwards but there is hope! These little girls and guys are smart. We have bell trained previous dogs we have owned and none have ever picked it up by 7 months old like Emmi has. Keep the faith!! Emmi says Merry Christmas!View attachment 14318

Awesome!!!! She is a beautiful girl!

I’m the one it took two years for my little stinker to catch on. All our others were within weeks but not Cheli. He had his own timeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Great job Emmi and to her parents as well. Potty training can be so stressful and you hung in there! I love her photo. Make sure you enter it in the photo contest!

Panaya

Reaction score
Thank you!!! You just gave me so much hope. Fiona is 4 months and just when we think she's progressing.. she takes quantum leaps back. LOL

Her brother is 7 months and picked it up at 5 months, so naturally we thought we were failing. Thanks again for the ray of hope!

JeannieCO

Charlie’s Mom
Reaction score
I have a 9 week old and we’re starting potty training. I pick him up and take him out but ring a bell each time. If I let him walk to the door with my others, it’s a piddle waiting to happen which is already multiple times a day. I think I take him out 15 times a day already. Congratulations!

EmmiRaesMom

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I cannot tell you how frustrated I was getting with her. It was getting so bad I was setting the timer on my stove to take her out every hour because she was just leaving a puddle wherever she wanted. I was starting to think she just loved watching me scrub the floors. We couldn't use pee pads because she would take off with them running all over the place and tearing them apart. Many days I came close to crying out of pure frustration so I wanted to give that ray of hope to anyone that is in my shoes right now. It sucked so bad but it does get better!!!