Skin and paw issues

Triggythefrenchie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined in the hope that I can get some advice and help with my Frenchie. He suffers so badly with allergies and chews his paws till they bleed 🥺
Any recommended products or foods that help with this would be sooo appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 5

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor guy..... first question is always going to be what brand and proteins do you feed? a few things to avoid if feeding kibble are chicken, beef and potatoes.

Triggythefrenchie

Reaction score
Poor guy..... first question is always going to be what brand and proteins do you feed? a few things to avoid if feeding kibble are chicken, beef and potatoes.
He has a lot of oily fish, no chicken no wheat no gluten or potatoes. I feed him at the moment James well beloved superfoods (Tiny amount of wet kibble) mixed with different proteins and veg/fruit

If there is anything at all you could recommend or advise I can do differently I am all ears ! Thanks for the response

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you rotate proteins? You could also start giving a probiotic if you are not already. I use this stuff but it would definitely be helpful to find out the cause of the itching - Amazon product

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What fish? My bulldog was allergic to salmon so you have to check those too.

Also, it could be environmental… after each outing, use a warm wash cloth and wipe his belly, paws and face. And, think about not using fabric softener or air fresheners.. they cause a lot of problems for pets