The Butcher had a gang of procedures done!

TheButcher

Reaction score
Hello all,

So my boy went in for surgery a few months ago. Here is what he had done:

Soft palate resection
stenotic nares
Eye tuck (his eye is very large and bulges so he got a little "tuck" to lend more security to his peeper)
neutered
Retained Testicle (Cryptorchidism)

This was obviously a lot to do at once, but we wanted to limit how many times he had to be put under. Now I am sure everyone is wondering how the recovery process went? Well here's the thing... Butcher is a monster! The first few days were fine, he was very doped up and was great about taking his medicine. However, around day 4, The Butcher came out... The drugs didn't work, well, to sedate at least, but he didn't seem to feel an ounce of pain. Yay right? No... because we had to try to keep this little ball of energy as immobilized as possible. This was the most difficult part of the process for us.

Honestly after 7 days, he was ready to go back to normal, but we still kept him chill, for the most part... After 2 weeks we took him in to get all his sutures out and a final once over, and our boy was ready to go full tilt!

The biggest improvement I can say for sure is he doesn't throw up like he used to! Butcher was good for at least 2 vomits a day. Not even just horking down his food, but we would play and play and play and then BARF! Knock on wood, he hasn't yacked since the surgery! He still sleeps with a toy in his mouth which used to help him breath better, but now I believe it's more of a soothing thing. He has a nice rumbly snore instead of gasps and gags and other odd sounds.

Here is a pic of him on day 3 (giving his neck a break from the e collar) and he his high as a kite (notice the spit bubble). You can kind of see the stitches on his nose and his eye.

kG0lo5n.jpg

and here he is today :)

RT3JgeC.jpg

also, it melts my heart when I can hear him breathing without any resistance, just nice open airways and nostrils!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear all went well! I know all about the sedatives not working and how hard it is to keep them calm cause they feel better and they think they are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
He looks fantastic!! So glad the procedures seemed to have helped him! You can really see the difference with his eye.

Wally is on day 9 of rest after his eye surgery and he's the same with trying to keep his craziness in tact. It's even harder when he's got a terrier sister who's raring to play 24/7. Silly dogs. :D

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score
Glad all turned out well!!
He looks great.
I can understand you not wanting to have him under many times.
Thanks for sharing and all the best to Butcher!!
:yes:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW... so happy it all went well and he is doing great! Amazing how quickly they recover.

🆕 Latest posts