food question

coolcat46

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old frenchy and have had her since she was like 8 weeks and have always fed her Earthborn puppy vantage.
She seems to do well on it but she does have some powerful gas.
Her stool is fine and she seems very healthy.
Do you think this is a concern and I should try a change of food?? I had thought to try the Buffalo blue.
I dont talk to the vet about it because all they suggest is Royal Canin and from all I have seen its not that good a food...
Thanks for your imput!!!

Willowrun

Reaction score
Please do NOT switch her to Blue anything and not Royal either---wheat, gluten, fillers will all cause allergies! I would leave her where she is but add hot water so that the food is just barley afloat- it helps them "pre-digest" so not hard on the gut and it also keeps them from inhaling so much air! I feed all the big and little dogs here that way with some wet caned food stirred in for taste and coat oils. Everyone loves it and my frenchie rarely has gas!

coolcat46

Reaction score
Please do NOT switch her to Blue anything and not Royal either---wheat, gluten, fillers will all cause allergies! I would leave her where she is but add hot water so that the food is just barley afloat- it helps them "pre-digest" so not hard on the gut and it also keeps them from inhaling so much air! I feed all the big and little dogs here that way with some wet caned food stirred in for taste and coat oils. Everyone loves it and my frenchie rarely has gas!
Okay I add hot water and I take it I let it cool some before I give it to her...how much and from what you said it helps with the gut issue...just need a little more explaination....Thanks for the help!!

eddiesfl

Reaction score
HOLISTIC SELECTS

I have finally found a good that is great for her skin. Has anyone tried this brand of food? She also loves it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax used to be super gassy but now he gets a probiotic every morning and his gas has significantly improved. You can also try plain yogurt.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Plus in about a month, you can switch her to adult food also.

coolcat46

Reaction score
HOLISTIC SELECTS

I have finally found a good that is great for her skin. Has anyone tried this brand of food? She also loves it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
My frenchie eats it with her dry Earthborn and seems to love it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Jax used to be super gassy but now he gets a probiotic every morning and his gas has significantly improved. You can also try plain yogurt.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yes Im going to go get some yogurt today!!!!

coolcat46

Reaction score
Plus in about a month, you can switch her to adult food also.

well my girl is getting spayed today and the vet suggested adult food after spaying so she doesnt get too heavy...

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
We give Winston and Hugo plain yoghurt and charcoal biscuits for farts :)