Need help! Switching foods

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=160]kim[/MENTION] [MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] like the canned pumpkin? Just add a little bit to it? Does it help relieve there tummies?

Yes. 100%. Pure pumpkin in a can... Just like a level tablespoon or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jessicae091

Reaction score
Okay on my way home I'll pick some up! Hopefully they like it! Lol [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes not the pie filling kind, just plain pumpkin and they will love it.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you do a gradual food change? It is recommended to gradually change the food over a 7 to 10 day period.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
That was gonna be my question. Did you mix the food or just switch them over? Most times when you change a dogs food you have to mix them for about 7-14 days. I recommend a 25% new 75% old for 4 days then half and half for 4 days and then 25/75 the other way for 4 days then just the new after that. They will still go soft in the stool usually but it helps their tummies.

I feed Ollie Blue Buffalo Wilderness the Salmon blend and my boys drool over it. I do only feed ollie one cup per day sometimes 1.25 cups but not more than that. I don't want him getting chunky. He is the picture of health and I want to keep it that way. The plain pumpkin in the can does also help firm up the stools.