Overwhelmed and looking for advice

shannly6

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Tootsie goes in for his surgery tomorrow (Thursday) at 8:30am. I'm nervous about it, but I am hoping it finally gives him some relief.
I am hopeful this will be a fresh start for the rest of his life with us.
A few pics of our fur-goofball and his sibling goofballs. He has the run of the house, but he chooses to sit IN my shoe and sleep in my laundry basket. In fact, he has turned down 3 dog beds so we finally gave up and put some old clothes in a laundry basket and gave it to him. LOL
IMG_8825.jpgIMG_8864.jpgIMG_8882.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
The picture of him sleeping in the laundry basket is precious! Good luck with Tootsie's surgery!

WeeDex

Reaction score
Sitting in the trainer haahaaaa!! I'm in love with him!! Hope the surgery goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Tootsie goes in for his surgery tomorrow (Thursday) at 8:30am. I'm nervous about it, but I am hoping it finally gives him some relief.
I am hopeful this will be a fresh start for the rest of his life with us.
A few pics of our fur-goofball and his sibling goofballs. He has the run of the house, but he chooses to sit IN my shoe and sleep in my laundry basket. In fact, he has turned down 3 dog beds so we finally gave up and put some old clothes in a laundry basket and gave it to him. LOL
View attachment 9848View attachment 9849View attachment 9850

adorable..... love the laundry basket shot

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
I love his sweet face!! Good luck with the surgery tomorrow:)

shannly6

Reaction score
Update:
Our little guy had his surgery yesterday and I have been told he did well. We are not allowed to go get him til tonight as they have kept him for observation. He had his palate significantly reduced. The vet actually said they removed more from him than they ever have from another dog! They also opened his nares. As far as the other testing, they found that he has mild hemivertabrae to keep an eye on. His hips are not great, but they are ok. Lastly, his knees were ok. Our main focus at this time will need to be adding muscle tone to his hind end as he has almost no muscle from his 2 years spent in a crate. He still weighs in at only 18 pounds, but hopefully we can really work on that now. If anyone has any suggestions on helping him build rear muscle, I would love to hear it.
Thank you again to everyone who has been following this and offering advice!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear all his issues can be addressed .... has your vet suggested laser therapy? Could that help with his muscle tone?

We use it for Cheli on his vertebrae issues (butterfly vertebrae)... it has worked wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk