Seeking some potty training advice

Lalique

Reaction score
A bit of history...
So Lalique is almost 4 months old. Sadly when we got her, we didn't received the vaccination chart so basically we had to start over again with her vaccines. Since she had a gastrointestinal disorder we had to wait until she got better to get her first shot recently. Vet says she cannot go out until her get her 3rd shot in March. So taking her out to poop or pee is out of the question for the next two months.

She is been with us about a month and while she was getting used to the new environment we had puppy pads everywhere basically to get her to go there and she learned a bit... She sometimes uses the puppy pads ... sometimes... sigh..

We have been having a hard time getting her to pee/poop in the balcony (designated area). She goes sometimes but most of the times she prefers to do it elsewhere. I've limited her area to our room, half the living room and valcony but she only goes outside like 3/10 times.

I usually monitor her closely and when i see her sniffing and circling an area, i pick her up and take her to the puppy pad in the balcony. I wait there with her like 30 mins at least and nothing. I when i think like ok, she didnt want to go and we get inside the house, when i turn my back on her, she pees or poops. I always praise her when she goes into the balcony, give her a treat to reward her also.

She usually goes in the morning and 30 minutes after she eats, and also before bed, and i try to get her to the balcony on those time frames but most of the time she just lay down to sleep just to distract me so i think she doesn't want to go :p

What else can i do in order to show her that she needs to go into that specific area of the house. Any tips?
lalique_help.jpg

Thanks

Juan

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there! They can be very stubborn... it took us two years of consistent schedule and routine before Cheli caught on...

Out immediately upon waking up
Out every two hours when we were at home
Out 20 mins after meals
Out immediately after a play session
Close eye constantly watching looking for sighs he had to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk