Adding a third - sex ratio??

FrenchieLover17

Reaction score
Hello - for those of you with a trio of frenchies what is the sex ratio? I have a male and female that get along great and yes I'm probably crazy for adding a third but hubby and I just love this breed. We are going to meet with the breeder later this week to select and put down a deposit. We were looking for a specific color this time around and I know personality counts too. It's between and male and a female. They are still quiet young so unsure of being able to determine personality. And regardless I know there is no guarantee. Just would love to get some insight from those of you that have experience with a trio. My male and female are both about to turn 4yrs and 5yrs . Neutered and spayed. Male is a little hyper and female is laid back.

Thanks in advance.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a male Frenchie (9), male bulldog (5) and a female bulldog (almost 3). My two males are both neutered. I like this combo but if I added in a 4th, I would get another female at this point because I think my boys would get along better with one.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello - for those of you with a trio of frenchies what is the sex ratio? I have a male and female that get along great and yes I'm probably crazy for adding a third but hubby and I just love this breed. We are going to meet with the breeder later this week to select and put down a deposit. We were looking for a specific color this time around and I know personality counts too. It's between and male and a female. They are still quiet young so unsure of being able to determine personality. And regardless I know there is no guarantee. Just would love to get some insight from those of you that have experience with a trio. My male and female are both about to turn 4yrs and 5yrs . Neutered and spayed. Male is a little hyper and female is laid back.

Thanks in advance.

I have 3 dogs, Rusty (male) and my 2 other dogs are females. All them get along great, haven’t had any issues, before I got Rusty the male, the other 2 dogs I already have(ages 8 and 6) are both females with no issues together, then i added the male (Rusty the Frenchie who is 3.5 years) to the 2 females and it’s good still.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
It all really boils down to your ability to be alpha of the pack. I had a male/female and she ruled and was a 9 year training session with both our boys. I now have two males who get along great