Allergies???

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Would this be related to allergies? Its wierd because i havent introduced anything new. Small patches of hair loss 20190509_065333.jpg20190509_065257.jpg20190509_065257.jpg

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be. What is Baer's age? What is he currently eating?

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Baer is 15 months old and he is currently on Fromm 4 star line which has duck, rabbit, and pork meal. Ive been thinking of trying the honest kitchen brand of dehydrated meals

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Hes also been on fromm for a while now but, recently switched to the specific bag mentioned above about 3 mo ths ago. I wo der if thats what triggered it

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hes also been on fromm for a while now but, recently switched to the specific bag mentioned above about 3 mo ths ago. I wo der if thats what triggered it

It could be one of the proteins. How long did you go between trying a different protein. Also could be potatoes, as they are quite starchy. Was he fine before the switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Before the switch he was fine. Hes had about 4 bags of this speific formula and i notices the hairloss about a month ago

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Before the switch he was fine. Hes had about 4 bags of this speific formula and i notices the hairloss about a month ago

What was he eating before? Since no issues, maybe switch him back and see if the spots go away. I know he has the interdigital cyst so allergies are the likely culprit. It might also just be one of the proteins causing the problems so you can try doing one protein at a time for a month each to see if you notice any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We experienced that with an English Bulldog. It was caused by food allergies. We ended up having a blood food allergy test done. He was allergic to most proteins and potatoes and rice--it was a long list and helped us select a food that had nothing he was allergic to!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Citty and Alice.... too many proteins in one food hard to tell what the culprit is. We also did the full blood panel allergy testing, which helped us narrow down the source. If you choose to do the blood test be sure he is off any immune suppression medication for a full 30 days before having blood drawn... it can cause false negative results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk