Another episode

Jeffc

Reaction score
One last question, we had insurance and canceled it a few months ago. Should we sign up for it again, or I they likely to claim his condition is pre existing even though he has never been diagnosed with IVDD?

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
One last question, we had insurance and canceled it a few months ago. Should we sign up for it again, or I they likely to claim his condition is pre existing even though he has never been diagnosed with IVDD?
If his symptoms are already existed before you have the insurance, they will say it’s pre existing and will not be covered, even if he hasn’t been diagnosed, the symptoms will be in the medical records.

Probably too late to get it for them to cover it,
Not 100 % sure.

How is he without the meds??

Jeffc

Reaction score
If his symptoms are already existed before you have the insurance, they will say it’s pre existing and will not be covered, even if he hasn’t been diagnosed, the symptoms will be in the medical records.

Probably too late to get it for them to cover it,
Not 100 % sure.

How is he without the meds??
I told my wife that same thing, thanks. Too the second part, unfortunately the symptoms returned this AM. We sent CSU a video of him and they recommended rest and to start him on the medication you give to Rusty. If it doesn’t help they are next thinking MRI and surgery. Thank you all so much for all your help!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I told my wife that same thing, thanks. Too the second part, unfortunately the symptoms returned this AM. We sent CSU a video of him and they recommended rest and to start him on the medication you give to Rusty. If it doesn’t help they are next thinking MRI and surgery. Thank you all so much for all your help!

Poor Miles!

I don’t give Rusty any medication from the vet. I only have him on CBD oil for dogs, and green lipped mussels and also he gets Laser therapy.

So your vet wants you to give him CBD oil for pain and inflammation or vet medications???

You should try CBD oil for dogs, and try laser therapy for him.

Hopefully they figure out what it is(probably IVDD) and he gets better.

Jeffc

Reaction score
No gabapentin is a addition to the carprofen for 5 days, and crate rest.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
No gabapentin is a addition to the carprofen for 5 days, and crate rest.

Is he paralyzed or not able to use his legs like the last time this happened?

Poor miles, hope he doesn’t need surgery.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax has had two herniated discs/surgeries in his neck. Best to have an MRI done ASAP as that’s the best way to see if any discs are herniated and the sooner the better An X-ray is not enough.

Since you e already been to the vet and there are notes in his file, it will be a pre-existing condition now.

Jeffc

Reaction score
Well he doesn’t seem to be improving that much even with the meds. I’m going to call CSU today and see when the neurologist can see him.

LincolnGates

Reaction score
Well he doesn’t seem to be improving that much even with the meds. I’m going to call CSU today and see when the neurologist can see him.
My prayers are with you. He is such a beautiful boy and I can certainly relate to how much we love our babies. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. I am here if you need a vent or talk

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score

Poor Miles, hopefully the vet neurologist will be able to see him soon and you can get to the bottom of this, and he can be comfortable and pain free!

Maybe they will do the MRI soon and be able to know exactly what it is.

Keep us updated!

Jeffc

Reaction score
Poor Miles, hopefully the vet neurologist will be able to see him soon and you can get to the bottom of this, and he can be comfortable and pain free!

Maybe they will do the MRI soon and be able to know exactly what it is.

Keep us updated!

Jeffc

Reaction score
CSU shares can’t do the evaluation and MRI the same day, so we have a appointment in Denver with a hospital that is willing to do the evaluation and MRI the same day. The hospital is called Animal Emergency and Specialty Center. They are willing to do both the same day since we are traveling from out of state.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
CSU shares can’t do the evaluation and MRI the same day, so we have a appointment in Denver with a hospital that is willing to do the evaluation and MRI the same day. The hospital is called Animal Emergency and Specialty Center. They are willing to do both the same day since we are traveling from out of state.

Hope he gets it done soon so he can recover pain free.

will they do the MRI and surgery(if needed) the same day as MRI the same day too??

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
My understanding is that we will have to come back for surgery if necessary. I’m just relieved to finally get to the bottom of this ordeal.

Definitely, hope his MRI goes well and they get to the bottom of this soon!

Keep us updated on how he is doing🙂

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is that we will have to come back for surgery if necessary. I’m just relieved to finally get to the bottom of this ordeal.
sending lots of prayers you get the needed answer for your boy!

Jeffc

Reaction score
sending lots of prayers you get the needed answer for your boy!
Thank you all. We are leaving Sunday afternoon for Denver. His appointment is at 9:30 Monday. We are seeing a Neurologist named Dr. Song she is supposedly one of the best in the country.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thank you all. We are leaving Sunday afternoon for Denver. His appointment is at 9:30 Monday. We are seeing a Neurologist named Dr. Song she is supposedly one of the best in the country.

That’s great the appointment is soon, hopefully they will give you the answer and know exactly what is the issue and if in fact he does have IVDD.

Hope the MRI goes well and if he does need surgery, it will be soon so he can start his recovery.

Please keep us updated.