Another episode

Jeffc

Reaction score
We decided to go ahead and have a MRI done we’re waiting to hear the outcome.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
We decided to go ahead and have a MRI done we’re waiting to hear the outcome.

Glad the MRI is getting done, hope you get good news, please keep me updated on the outcome and how he is doing!

Jeffc

Reaction score
Glad the MRI is getting done, hope you get good news, please keep me updated on the outcome and how he is doing!
Hopefully they find he can be treated with medication. It seems like he’s been at the hospital forever now. We should get some news soon.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hopefully they find he can be treated with medication. It seems like he’s been at the hospital forever now. We should get some news soon.
Yes, well even if he needed surgery, at least you can do something about if, if he needs something like CBD oil for pain instead of meds that can harm them from the vet, it’s much safer. No side effects from CBD oil for them.

Maybe Laser therapy will help Miles if he has the IVDD, Rusty is doing way better with laser therapy and CBD oil, no meds from vet.

Hope you hear from them soon, please keep me updated

Jeffc

Reaction score
We started him on CBD soft gels from Golden Colorado, only 5MG. How much a day are you giving Rusty?

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
We started him on CBD soft gels from Golden Colorado, only 5MG. How much a day are you giving Rusty?
I give Rusty the liquid PawTanicals Which is in Canada. There is liquid CBD oils made for dogs.

It has MCT oil as the base, it’s full spectrum CBD oil for dogs.
So ingredients are MCT oil and Full spectrum CBD oil.

You want to look for full spectrum dog CBD oil, and ideally it has MCT oil in it and not hempseed or omega 3 cause those goes rancid and causes inflammation.

Rusty gets 0.25 ML once a day(I give it to him before bed. The bottle is a total of 675 mg of CBD is the strength, so it’s 23 mg per 1 ML which Rusty can have 1 ML per day for his weight but we found he only needed 0.25 ml a day to keep the seizures and IVDD pain away.

If he is in pain though or a flare up, I give him 0.5-1 ML which is the recommended amount for his weight.

I would buy the Four Leaf Rover brand but it’s only Available in USA not available in Canada.

Are you able to get the Four Leaf Rover brand of CBD oil where you are?? They do ship it, but not to Canada.
They have info on the website of how much and what strength to give dogs based on the weight of the dog.

Soft gets and treats don’t have the same benefits as the liquid for pain and inflammation.

Jeffc

Reaction score
I give Rusty the liquid PawTanicals Which is in Canada. There is liquid CBD oils made for dogs.

It has MCT oil as the base, it’s full spectrum CBD oil for dogs.
So ingredients are MCT oil and Full spectrum CBD oil.

You want to look for full spectrum dog CBD oil, and ideally it has MCT oil in it and not hempseed or omega 3 cause those goes rancid and causes inflammation.

Rusty gets 0.25 ML once a day(I give it to him before bed. The bottle is a total of 675 mg of CBD is the strength, so it’s 23 mg per 1 ML which Rusty can have 1 ML per day for his weight but we found he only needed 0.25 ml a day to keep the seizures and IVDD pain away.

If he is in pain though or a flare up, I give him 0.5-1 ML which is the recommended amount for his weight.

I would buy the Four Leaf Rover brand but it’s only Available in USA not available in Canada.

Are you able to get the Four Leaf Rover brand of CBD oil where you are?? They do ship it, but not to Canada.
They have info on the website of how much and what strength to give dogs based on the weight of the dog.

Soft gets and treats don’t have the same benefits as the liquid for pain and inflammation.
Is this the correct CBD? We a meeting with the doctor in 30 minutes to review the MRI.

Attachments

• 844C054B-29A6-4C03-9E82-A713D29F6A3B.jpeg
    844C054B-29A6-4C03-9E82-A713D29F6A3B.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 6

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Is this the correct CBD? We a meeting with the doctor in 30 minutes to review the MRI.
Yes that’s the correct CBD, that’s the best product if you can get it, it’s 3rd patty tested too. Very high quality

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
@Jeffc I also give Rusty Four Leaf Rover brand Safe Sea from the same comatose as that CBD oil. It uses green lipped mussel oil, which is great omega 3 source and also anti inflammatory.

@Jeffc Green lipped mussels is great for IVDD and spine health, Rusty gets that too.
Here is the safe sea of what it looks like, it’s green lipped mussels oil, the website you did the screenshot of the correct CBD oil, they have this product too, great for spine and joints and allergies. I attached photo of it

1675721337703.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeffc

Reaction score
Miles has a herniated disc in his neck. She said it’s mild now, but he will likely need surgery at some point. They are putting him on steroids and gabapentin. Every thing else looks pretty good, they did his entire spine and brain.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Miles has a herniated disc in his neck. She said it’s mild now, but he will likely need surgery at some point. They are putting him on steroids and gabapentin. Every thing else looks pretty good, they did his entire spine and brain.

Poor Miles! Are they wanting to wait to do surgery or did they give you the option of doing surgery now or while your at their clinic, cause you travelled there??

Can you use CBD oil instead of the steroids?? Cause the steroids are just anti inflammatory, just like CBD oil, but CBD oil has no side effects like the steroids. And the CBD oil helps with pain The steroids destroys immune system and organs causing organ failure(that happened to one of my other dogs).

That’s good the rest of his spin and Brain is good.

Is he in lots of pain now?

Hope he starts to improve.

Jeffc

Reaction score
He doesn’t seem to be in a lot of pain. The neurologist wants us to call her again in two weeks and see how he’s doing, and possibly schedule a surgery at a later date.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
He doesn’t seem to be in a lot of pain. The neurologist wants us to call her again in two weeks and see how he’s doing, and possibly schedule a surgery at a later date.
Hopefully he won’t be in much pain in the meantime, hope he has a fast recovery from the anesthesia today!

At least now, you have the answers.
Was he officially diagnosed with IVDD?

Keep me updated on how he is doing🙂

Jeffc

Reaction score
Poor Miles! Are they wanting to wait to do surgery or did they give you the option of doing surgery now or while your at their clinic, cause you travelled there??

Can you use CBD oil instead of the steroids?? Cause the steroids are just anti inflammatory, just like CBD oil, but CBD oil has no side effects like the steroids. And the CBD oil helps with pain The steroids destroys immune system and organs causing organ failure(that happened to one of my other dogs).

That’s good the rest of his spin and Brain is good.

Is he in lots of pain now?

Hope he starts to improve.
I should have been more clear, he’s only being prescribed steroids for 2 weeks. We did purchase the CBD oil you recommended, as well.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I should have been more clear, he’s only being prescribed steroids for 2 weeks. We did purchase the CBD oil you recommended, as well.
Oh that’s good it’s not for very long, that’s good it not any longer than that.

Ok I’m sure the CBD will help with the pain and inflammation👍

How is he recovering from the anesthesia?

Jeffc

Reaction score
Oh that’s good it’s not for very long, that’s good it not any longer than that.

Ok I’m sure the CBD will help with the pain and inflammation👍

How is he recovering from the anesthesia?
He’s doing pretty good today, last night was pretty rough.